Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Starting Utrogestan and Oestrogel - questions!  (Read 1025 times)

DottyP

Starting Utrogestan and Oestrogel - questions!
« on: December 04, 2021, 07:50:27 PM »

Hi, I have been on one pump of Oestrogel for a month now and it’s helped hugely with my symptoms.  I’m sensitive to medication so started on 100mg orally Utrogestan last night to see how it goes.  Today I have had heart palpitations and I’m wondering whether thats the Utrogestan causing it or when you start to use the progesterone you need to increase the oestrogen part too?

DottyP

Re: Starting Utrogestan and Oestrogel - questions!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 09:14:29 PM »

Also, I’ve been having palpitations all day since taking the Utrogestan last night for the first time.  Is that normal?  Will it go?  I’m worried about taking another one this evening incase the palpitations get worse.

VictoryV

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 12:06:16 PM »

Hi DottyP,
Sorry didn’t see your posts yesterday.
Did you take the Utro last night and how do you feel today?
Victoria☀️

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 01:43:11 PM »

You could try taking utro vaginally as there are fewer side effects this way. Palpitations are usually associated with oestrogen, either too much or too little. It would be more unusual if it's the utro causing it.

Justyna1970

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 12:43:26 AM »

Hello Dotty xx
I did reply to you 2 days ago with a long and detailed post about my horrendous 4 day experience on this HRT combination (estrogel/ prometrium ) ( I’m in Australia so that’s what it’s called here xx )
Unfortunately My post disappeared .

Short story now ; I came off this HRT after 4 days. I had severe heart palpitations, and I felt like someone had their hand on my throat squeezing it . I had other other symptoms too.
Just so you know Dotty, I tried to take the progesterone both orally and vaginally; both had bad effects.

I will repost my experience shortly ( in the next day or so xx ) hopefully my next post won’t disappear xx
I just have to work out where I should post about my experience on this form of HRT xx

Love to you Dotty xxx and to everyone else here on this forum xxx