Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: Yes VM question  (Read 3073 times)

JoJo42

Re: Yes VM question
« on: November 30, 2021, 04:41:24 PM »

Me again!

I’ve just ordered some pre-filled tubes of YES VM, but have just read that they can be used alongside Vagifem but on the days when the vagifem is not used. I’m in the middle of doing a re-loading dose of vagifem and plan to keep on using a daily dose for a while because of a recent flare up i seem to be having now.

Does anyone here use Vagifem every day AND Yes VM??

Jojo xx

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 10:07:42 PM »

Hi Jojo.   I don't use Yes myself but I know there are a few ladies on her that do.  I think some have mentioned YES in a.m. and Vagifem in p.m.  If you do a search engine on YES VM, you will find loads of info.

JoJo42

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 08:40:17 AM »

thanks for your reply Whatsupwiththis,

I did a search yesterday and found a question like mine but the original question asked by the person gets lost in a discussion about other issues. I’ll look again today, but I think I will do VM in the morning and vagifem at night as you say as that is what I’ve been doing with the Yes WB.

Thanks for reading and for your kindness. I’m feeling a bit low because I had a couple of good-ish days where it seemed like things might be improving and then another terrible day that took me back to square one! ai could barely walk yesterday. Anyway, thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 09:32:54 AM »

OUCH!

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 02:05:51 PM »

Jojo so sorry to hear you're having a nasty flare up.  We can all relate.  I believe  there is a lady Lyncola who is using YES and Vagifem along with Ovestin and says it has been a game changer.  You may want to try sending her a pm as she has quite the regime!  Whatever works...

Gracie

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 02:39:52 PM »

It's a long process to get it all together and finding what works for you but you will get there in the end, that's what everyone says who have been using Vagifem and moisturiser for a lot longer than I have, and I must admit things are improving, slowly but surely!

I use Vagifem every day, twice a week was not enough and my doctor said to use it every day as the dosage is so small, that's my regime now and I wont be changing it.  I was unable to use Novistin so now I use Sylk moisturiser everyday but only on the outside and that's every time after I use the loo. 

I would have thought Vagifem would not be effective if you mixed it with moisturiser, you would have to use it alternatively but not together, but that's just my thoughts! 

I'm sitting at my computer writing this, before it was too painful to sit down, things are improving and I know they will for you too xx

JoJo42

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 03:00:26 PM »

Thank you whatsupwiththis, most of the flare up symptoms have settled apart from this sensation of swelling at the vaginal entrance that has now localised more to the labia on the right hand side. I think it must be flare related as it occurred at the same time as the other definite flare-related symptoms that I have had before. I did a search and found a post from someone who described something very similar when they were first diagnosed. I was diagnosed a while back, but this symptom is new to me. It doesn’t feel quite as bad as it did. I’m 10 days into the reload so hopefully that is helping.  Thanks for your advice and helpxx

Thanks, Gracie for your reply. I had it all under control and then it has flared up again. This seems to be what happens for me - get everything controlled, find a regime that works for ages and then everything changes again and the regime needs tweaking. I was on vagifem x5 per week but if I can get this under control with a nightly reloading dose now I’ll be keeping on with it every night. If I can’t get it under control then I’ll have to see the GP as it must then be something else that’s going on. I’ve just changed to yes wb from yes ob as advised on here as I found the vagifem pessaries had nit dissolved on a couple of occasions. It may have been the yes ob interfering or it may have been me being too dry, or both, so I tried using yes wb in the morning to rectify any dryness and stopped using ob altogether. I might use the yes VM externally, and then internally in the morning every few days. I can’t see any other way round it until the vagifem gets going again.
Thanks for your thoughts and kindness xx

And CLKD - yep, very ouch! hehe! xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 04:09:48 PM »

It will improve but may take a few months.  So using which ever regime suits is important .......... as well as pain relief if necessary.

JoJo42

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 04:25:11 PM »

Thank you CLKD,

I’ve been taking ibuprofen three times a day which I don’t really like to do, but they do help to make the “swelling” less noticeable. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will be related to the atrophy and the vagifem and VM will sort it out. I’ll see how it goes over the next week or so as I’ve not even completed the re-loading yet. VA can be so depressing at times. I might put my Christmas tree up and try to cheer myself up a bit. I like the tree decorations and lights. xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 05:01:03 PM »

If necessary occasionally put an extra treatment up mid-afternoon as well as the evening?  Helps encourage the vaginal tissues to plump up and be less dry.

JoJo42

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 05:38:29 PM »

Ooh!! Now that’s a great idea. Thanks CLKD x

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »

I put some vagisan (it is a barrier cream and moisturiser - is compatible with oestrogen cream) onto a panty liner when I will be sitting down for a long day so nothing rubs. For me the gel moisturiser effects do not last very long and are not a barrier against wee when I have soreness. I also use as much Estriol as I feel I need to keep comfortable.
I guess your vagifem can be used in the same way as a barrier cream, JoJo42? VA is so uncomfortable but keep trying different combination of your treatment and it will work better for you.  :)

Difficult to talk about but -- it might be possible that massaging in the cream will help? I do not know about how other women are  -- but if a small area does not have cream I find it can be very noticed  :o

JoJo42

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 11:52:10 AM »

Thank you Gynaikeíos for your advice. I’ll have a look at vagisan. At the moment I’m using Yes VM externally and vagifem internally. The vagifem is in pessary form rather than a cream so can’t be used as a barrier cream. The Yes VM moisturiser does seem to be working quite well as a kind of barrier cream, I feel more comfortable with that than the Yes WB I was using which is more of a lube than a moisturiser I think. I will try to  massage the Yes VM  in a bit more though as you suggest.

Thanks everyone for sharing regimes/ideas/tips. Maybe there should be a specific section on here for VA tips and advice.

I’m still taking anti inflammatories as well as continuing the reload of Vagifem and using Yes VM to moisturize. Still not sure if this sensation of “swelling” at the vaginal entrance is related to VA flaring up. I guess time will tell on that one. Today it felt more like the labia were all “bunched-up” on the outside! Maybe this is too much information, but I’m past caring…I’ll tell anyone who’ll listen! A woman in the park was moaning about her knee…I felt like saying - just be glad you haven’t got my vagina!!!  :lol:

Dorothy

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2021, 10:59:09 PM »

I use Ovestin in the morning and YES VM at night. 

JoJo42

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2021, 01:30:28 PM »

Thank you, Dorothy. I’ve settled on using Yes WB in the morning and vagifem at night with a little dab of yes wb on the pessary. I’ve had a few days where there has been no sign of any undissolved pessaries so…so far so good. xx
Pages: [1] 2