Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is it possible… UPDATE and Further question… grateful for any advice  (Read 1832 times)

JoJo42

UPDATE

Developed symptoms of VA flare: ****ly sensation in bladder, wanting to wee all the time, funny smell to urine and this odd sensation of pressure so I

-upped the vagifem to every night (repeating reload)
-got some cranberry juice
-drank more fluids
- took painkillers and anti inflammatories
- swapped from oil based lube/moisturiser to water based (as a couple of times the vagifem didn’t dissolve although i was used yes ob on the vulva only I did use some internally thinking it might help)

NOW:

- ****ly bladder sensation has totally gone

-going for a wee is normal (no irritation/funny smell/frequency/urgency)

- the odd sensation of “pressure”/“swelling” that I thought might be a prolapse, seems to be less intense as a feeling of pressure, but seems to now localised of discomfort/occasional stabbing pain to this one specific area of slight swelling that I can see at the entrance to the vagina (located at what would I can only describe as the 8o’clock position if I was pointing to the area when a doctor was examining me…if that makes sense)

Yesterday and today, the swelling/discomfort was really well controlled with brufen and using Yes WB internally and I was able to go about my days without actually being constantly, uncomfortably aware the sensation of pressure just inside the entrance to my vagina all the time.

I’ve been wondering if it is possible to get inflammation of the bartholins glands as a result of VA? Does anyone know? Grateful for any advice/ideas/ of if this might be the case and what to do next? Thanks all. Hope someone can help xxxx

Hi everyone, justvwondering, is it possible to have a flare up of VA when using vagifem x5 per week? This last couple of days I’ve had a slight feeling of pressure at the vaginal entrance over the last couple of days. No peeing problems. I can’t see anything untoward other than a bit swollen on the labia near the entrance which is not overly sore to touch. Have a low tummy ache but am due a period this week. I’ve been worried that it might be a prolapse which would just be my luck as everything seems to stabilise and go well for ages and then…whack! Something else to deal with. I don’t know if its relevant but I had a couple of days off hrt last week as I just thought i’d give it a go without, but the flushes and sweats came back after about three days so I started again. Don’t know whether to increase my vagifem to every night for a while to see if that helps first. J xx
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 03:52:35 PM by JoJo42 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is it possible…
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 06:23:50 PM »

Yep.  Increase every night for 2 weeks: a reload : necessary sometimes without rhyme nor reason!    A moisturiser might help too.  When I get the need2P feelings I swallow 2 'nurofen' capsules 3 times a day to ease the nip when the spincter shuts off the urine flow.

I don't understand prolapse.  Some will have experience. 

HRT ? do U mean you stopped the 'vagifem'?

JoJo42

Re: Is it possible
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 06:38:45 PM »

Thanks for your reply clkd - I’ll use it every night and see what happens. I’m on evorel sequi patches so I stopped them, but carried on with the vagifem. I just wanted to see what happened when i stopped the patches. I think I might have to be on them forever! I’ve been on hrt patches since I was 42 and I’m now 52. I only did it because I just can’t seem to lose any weight on the patches. I eat healthy and have cut my daily calorie intake and increased my walking, but nothing helps. I’ve got chronic fatigue syndrome and I can’t cope with anything like the gym or swimming, but I do manage get out for a walk every day. 

I’ve got some brufen so I’ll take a couple of them to ease the tummy ache. I feel glum because I’ve got a feeling it’s probably a prolapse. I can’t see anything unusual when I crouched down to look, but I can sometimes feel something a bit spongy a bit higher up inside, but this feels lower down. Dunno. I find it hard to “feel” around properly/prod about too much/too far because of the atrophy. I just feel very scared of a prolapse.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 07:15:04 PM »

Did U use a mirror?  MayB see a women's physiotherapist for advice?

JoJo42

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 07:38:23 PM »

Yes I used a mirror, had a good look and it all looks pretty much as usual really, apart from maybe a little bit of swelling on one side, but no - nothing unusual going on. I’ll reload the vagifem and then ring doc for advice if it doesn’t improve. The low stomach ache does remind me a bit of the pain I had before I started the vagifem - has that same “****ly” bladder sensation, but I thought x5 vagifem per week would keep that in check. I’m on evorel sequi 50…wonder if the patch dose needs increasing…?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 07:40:40 PM by JoJo42 »

JoJo42

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 08:00:05 PM »

OMG! Just put some Yes OB inside the vaginal entrance and felt the vagifem pessary from this morning come out undissolved!! What the heck? I put that pessary in this morning because I was feeling so uncomfortable and didn’t want to wait all day. I usually do them at night…but now I wonder if those have been dissolving properly over the last few days or not.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 10:57:59 PM »

AH HA! (now I have an ear worm  ::)).  Perhaps 'ovestin' would suit better: it's the cream inserted in a pushy applicator thingy - works for me.  Delivers the product directly rather than the pessary not dissolving.  Can you break a pessary and apply on the end of a finger ?  So mayB not a prolapse ? 

Joaniepat

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 07:06:47 AM »

OMG! Just put some Yes OB inside the vaginal entrance and felt the vagifem pessary from this morning come out undissolved!! What the heck? I put that pessary in this morning because I was feeling so uncomfortable and didn’t want to wait all day. I usually do them at night…but now I wonder if those have been dissolving properly over the last few days or not.
Perhaps a water based product such as Yes VM or Sylk would help the pessary stick to the vaginal wall. You can dip the Vagifem applicator into the Sylk bottle before insertion, or coat it in Yes VM. Or, as CLKD says, switch to Ovestin.
JP x

JoJo42

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 08:39:47 AM »

thanks clkd and joaniepat! I ordered some Yes WB last night so that will be delivered today as I started with a cold and not feeling up to going out into town. It takes ages to contact our gp practice. My husband was ringing all day the other day and it was constantly engaged. I’ll try the yes wb and if that doesn’t do the trick I’ll message the practice on their website about trying ovestin instead of ringing and see if I can get a response that way. I always feel anxious talking to the gp about vagifem because on the occasions I’ve tried to discuss issues/suggestions with my hrt they’ve ignored the issue I’m there with and instead just given me a lecture and tried to take me off the vagifem and it has ended up in a row and me waving loads of evidence around and them backing down. It makes my anxiety go supersonic!!

JoJo42

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 08:41:22 AM »

I might get some sylk as well to try

xx

JoJo42

Re: Is it possible… UPDATE and Further question… grateful for any advice
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 03:53:51 PM »

Just added an update to my original query/problem (above) and further question if anyone can help xx