Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and ultrogeston  (Read 1027 times)

Jan1234

Oestrogel and ultrogeston
« on: November 21, 2021, 08:57:45 PM »

Help and advice please I hAve been on kliofem 2mg/1mg conti for over 2 years for a while now im not finding them working so well I feel drained a lot and fatigue after speaking to my gp last week she asked me to try the gel pump pack as its a lot safer and suppose to be really good , so I agreed oestrogel and 100mg ultogeston was given to me she told me to start off with 2 pumps and to take the tablet at night so I started them a few days ago and I feel awful I know I got to give it a while but I started bleeding today as well and I'm sure the dosage is 2 low of the gel as I was on 2mg before should I up the gel to say 3 pumps anyone think.that the bleeding is connected to the drop in the estrogen any advice please

sheila99

Re: Oestrogel and ultrogeston
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 09:34:13 PM »

It's progesterone that controls bleeding so more likely to be related to that. There may have been a build up on your old regime or it might be the withdrawal from that one. Bleeding in the first 6 months of any new conti regime isn't unexpected. You may absorb this differently so for you they may compare as they should. If your symptoms are returning you may need more oestrogen, if you feel lousy with different symptoms it may be that utrogeston doesn't agree with you.

Jan1234

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 10:03:41 PM »

Thank you Sheila for your quick reply I've litterly felt doped up for 2 days havnt even got dressed all weekend I've taken the progesterone tablet a bit earlier 2nte hoping I don't get that feeling in morning as I got work , as for the bleeding its seemed to stopped at the moment but having pains in ovaries hopefully all will settle , to be honest I wished I'd stayed on the kilofem now just feels like I'm starting from the beginning can't cope .

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 08:45:24 AM »

Hi if you were happy on the Kliofem then there’s no real reason why you should change it. x

Jan1234

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 11:55:37 AM »

Hi dotty I wasn't really happy with the kliofem but they worked to a certain extent so I coped with that , and after seeing my gp as I had slight spotting as I have another polyp which is the 3rd one in 3 years she wanted me to try a safer method but like I said its like starting all over again and getting the right dosage

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 09:17:21 AM »

Hi Jan 1234

Some women find they feel fatigued on continuous progestogen so that could have affected how you felt on the Kliofem. Daily Utrogestan may also lead to the feeling of being doped up.

It could be yes that you need a higher dose of oestrogen but also has the doc suggested other blood tests eg thyroid function - to check for other causes of your fatigue ( that you experienced on Kliofem)?

I have only ever used patches since my early/mid fifites, now late 60's and pretty much have always been on a cycle so that I can have several weeks on oestrogen alone. Unpleasant I know ( to have a bleed in 60's) but the alternative is no HRT or feeling doped up so I have chosen the cyclical option ( long cycle so I dont have to take progesterone too often). This needs doc supervision.

You could try taking the HRT cyclically (and having a withdrawal bleed) to see if you feel any different. Femoston is a good one if you want to remain on tablets - and there is a 2 mg dose. I presume your polyp is being treated?

You haven't said how old you are - presumably near 60 or more if your doc is taking you off tablets?

Hurdity x

Jan1234

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 01:00:53 PM »

Hi hurdity I'm 57 and was femoston sequel a few years ago but couldn't cope with the periods they used to be quite heavy and I was always very down , but the way I'm feeling now it's either go back to that or just stop all hrt yes I got an appointment in December for removal of polyp I had one removed last year as well and gynocologist told me then to change my hrt as she said the kliofem was the cause for my spotting which me and my doctor think she was wrong as soon as polyp was removed I hvnt spotted since only now and there's another polyp , so  between having to go back to her and the fatigue I'd been feeling on the kliofem my Dr said let's try something else now I feel like I'm starting all over again on know it takes time for changes with different hrt but 5 days in now and got a bloody period perhaps hrt is not for me I give up and very down today