Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Period every 16 days  (Read 712 times)

Hockeychic

• First Flush
Period every 16 days
« on: November 15, 2021, 08:23:36 PM »

Hi all I'm new to the forum. I'm now on month 4 of Everol sequi  and for the past 2 months I have had a period every 16 days . I'm 52 and lad had a period in February was almost at the year mark without.  Can anyone say if this will settle I will have a 3 month review with the doctor in next 2 weeks or so . Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Period every 16 days
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 10:20:35 PM »

HI!  I think bleeding settles eventually. Hopefully someone will be along with more advice.

Browse round.  Make notes.  How do you feel in general?

Hurdity

Re: Period every 16 days
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 09:32:54 AM »

Hi Hockeychic

:welcomemm:

We cannot say what will settle or not as each woman reacts differently and depends on menopausal stage etc. It may be for example that although you went almost a year without a period - your ovaries could still have been functioning a little. By this I mean that eggs may have been starting to develop, oestrogen produced etc but no actual ovulation. This would mean that your womb lining might continue to grow, but because ovulation did not take place - it would not be shed as a bleed. If it built up over the few months then adding the HRT ( which includes the progestogen) could then lead to the potentially thickened lining being shed - with the sort of bleeding you are experiencing. There are other reasons for bleeding eg fibroids, polyps etc which can be stimulated by oestrogen.

Do mention to your doctor at your review visit. There is no reason to stop HRT and hopefully it will settle but to put your mind at rest, sound out your doc.

Hurdity x