Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vagifem?  (Read 1598 times)

CATBAT

Vagifem?
« on: November 15, 2021, 01:39:15 PM »

Hi I’m 47 and have recently been put on everol sequiwhich to be honest doesn’t seem to be doing that much been on it for about four months for low mood and anxiety no hot flushes but was getting a period every 18 days. Went to see the doctor last week because of vaginal soreness thought that I had a UTI but the culture came back clear he’s now given me Vagifem I just feel that I’m too young for all this and that maybe he’s missed something??? As I’m still in peri would I need both ?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 01:58:22 PM by CATBAT »

Flossieteacake

Re: Vagifem?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 02:49:02 PM »

Hi I’m 47 and have recently been put on everol sequiwhich to be honest doesn’t seem to be doing that much been on it for about four months for low mood and anxiety no hot flushes but was getting a period every 18 days. Went to see the doctor last week because of vaginal soreness thought that I had a UTI but the culture came back clear he’s now given me Vagifem I just feel that I’m too young for all this and that maybe he’s missed something??? As I’m still in peri would I need both ?

Hello CATBAT. I am 39 and going through peri. I have vaginal atrophy. If your sample came back clear but you are sore then it could be atrophy. Maybe you could try the vagifem and see if it has an effect on the soreness? I also have evorel patches.

CATBAT

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 03:17:29 PM »

Oh thanks Flossieteacake that makes me feel better I’m going to give them a go!!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 03:19:15 PM »

Oh thanks Flossieteacake that makes me feel better I’m going to give them a go!!

I am happy you feel better about using it.  :)

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 03:37:13 PM »

I wish I had known about VA and Vagifem at 47! I was fobbed off my doctors/nurses and blamed for getting recurrent UTI's untl I learnt about VA on this forum about 4 years ago (at 54). Vagifem works really well for me.

CATBAT

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 03:55:00 PM »

Thank @katejo here’s hoping !!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 04:39:35 PM »

Age is a number!   If we don't treat symptoms then we continue to feel old.  So get that 'vagifem' up there and browse round.  Bladder issues and vaginal atrophy threads are the places to begin, I bounced both this afternoon.

Let us know how you get on.  Welcome to the Wonderful World of ........... (fill in the gaps)  ::)

CATBAT

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 06:02:25 PM »

Blimey that’s big thread … !!! Thanks .. I’ve done two nights of vagi .. so fingers crossed

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 10:23:07 PM »

Once the symptoms ease you'll feel good.  4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there  >:(.  Regular treatment sorted it.  We have big threads here  ;D

CATBAT

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 07:39:00 AM »

I hope so , I think it’s easing but it’s hard to know when you focus on it all the time !!!

Lyncola

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2021, 08:57:09 AM »

Hi CATBAT,

Just copy and paste my reply from your other post

no your not too young, I’m 47 years old and have had vagina atrophy now for three years. It was my first menopausal symptom. I had a hysterectomy at 44 years old and four months later atrophy.

Use your Vagifem, this problem will not go away but will only get worse. It will take a while to work and to find what works for you. It took me two years to find a routine that works for me. I’m lucky as my doctor lets me use Vagifem and Ovestin as often as I need. For me the turning point was both Vagifem and Ovestin internally on different nights. And use a moisturiser during the day. I use Yes VM, two times a day (morning and afternoon) and Olive and Bee at night.

You will need to do a two week loading, then two times a week. Some ladies need more like me. Ovestin is also great to use on the outside as well as inserting Vagifem.

And remember treatment will be for life. And feel free to ask questions, there’s a lot of amazing ladies on this forum who will be able to help
 :bighug:

CATBAT

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 09:39:30 AM »

Thanks Lyncola . Hopefully I’ve caught it early before  it gets too bad . Just seemed to come out of nowhere 🥺

CATBAT

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2021, 08:29:42 AM »

Hello again sorry to be needy I’m feeling pretty low ( on the conti part of my evorel 👎) just trying to keep the faith that everything will
Improve and there is light !

Flossieteacake

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2021, 08:34:08 AM »

Hello again sorry to be needy I’m feeling pretty low ( on the conti part of my evorel 👎) just trying to keep the faith that everything will
Improve and there is light !

It is horrible to feel low. I found I felt low when first on HRT and with every increase. The good news is, it should pass. I think your body is getting used to all sorts of changes and it has an effect on your mood.

CATBAT

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2021, 09:07:01 AM »

Thanks Flossie the Dr wanted to change me to femseven but it’s out of stock so I’m stuck on everol !!
Pages: [1] 2