Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Leaky bladder advice  (Read 2016 times)

sheila99

Re: Leaky bladder advice
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2021, 06:52:53 PM »

I would ask for both. There's quite often a long wait for a meno clinic so better to get on waiting list ASAP. If you have zero libido you would benefit from it anyway, mine was zero too.
VictoryV did you have other muscle weakness too?

Hi Sheila, no, not that I know of but I’ve noticed I’ve got better muscle definition. It’s weird as I wasn’t expecting anything from T. I don’t do much work or exercise with my arms (I run, walk and hoop) yet I’ve got more shape/less slack sort of thing. Have you noticed bodily changes please? I did have joint aches which have gone.
Only age related decay! I had aching hips but that went with oestrogen before I started T.  I kept pulling muscles in my arms from insignificant actions eg picking up a jumper or even just turning over in bed but the biggest surprise was my pelvic floor. From having DD at 42 until I went on T at 58 I had to do regular pelvic floor exercises to prevent leaking. I haven't had to do them since being on T (now 61). Can't say I've noticed better muscle definition but perhaps it's well hidden under sagging skin  :(.

Good luck with your appointment Sfifties. It's so wrong that at a time when many women feel so vulnerable and lose confidence we have to fight so hard to get treatment.

Elizabethlovejoy

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 10:05:06 PM »

Thanks for all advice will ask for women health physio referral.
Elizabethlovejoy: may i ask how u got the testosterone, were u referred by u gp to a menopause clinic ?

Thanks
Yes in the end I went to Newson health. Although my GP was supportive he admitted this was not his speciality and was happy to prescribe whatever Newson health recommended. I get everything prescribed on nhs through him apart from the androfemme which I am paying for.

Postmeno3

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2021, 10:23:49 PM »

What a fab gp! 👍

Eviepf

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »

Hi Sfifties

Just seen your later messages from yesterday.

I wonder if the wetness you're experiencing *could* indeed be the dreaded watery discharge, at least in part? When I had it, I had no idea that it was even a 'thing', caused by low oestrogen. I was having to change my underwear several times every day (didn't get on very well with pads or panty liners at the time as I found that they irritated me - have since discovered TOTM products which are much better). My underwear would be absolutely sodden - it was awful and, as I said, no accompanying vaginal dryness whatsoever. I don't think it particularly smelt of anything, although I probably didn't investigate closely! At the time, I wondered if I was sweating incredibly profusely, although realistically, nobody could sweat that much... I was completely clueless - and it's such a common thing. I had no idea. As I said, Vagifem cleared it up pretty fast.

Definitely something to consider, especially as you're finding it a pretty constant issue, not related to sneezing etc. I also wonder, if it *was* bladder leakage, whether it would be unmistakeably urine-smelling, not just faintly.

Sfifties

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2021, 02:56:35 PM »

Hi Eviepf,
I don’t know ,as when I sneezed in the past and that happened it was urine for sure as i would feel the leacking happening wether in recent weeks i do not feel it happening but my panty liners are definitely proof and need changing more than once a day , regarding the odour it can vary sometimes more urinary than others .

I actually just spoken to my gp and explained it all , i asked if i could be referred to a women health physio , she has referred me to an incontinence clinic , do u happen to know if that is the same at all ?
Pages: 1 [2]