Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Vagina changes  (Read 1712 times)

Lisa J T

Vagina changes
« on: October 13, 2021, 10:24:40 PM »

Hey Ladies,

So bit of an embarrassing one but has anyone noticed major changes below.... I have suffered with dry vagina and I know thats normal but this is different... it looks different down there line its flatter than it was?? But I cant find anything on the Internet about it...

Lisa xx

Taz2

Re: Vagina changes
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 10:40:20 PM »

Yes it's normal to begin to lose plumpness of the vaginal lips as oestrogen levels drop. The inner lips tend to shrink back and disappear much like puberty in reverse. If you Google shrinking vaginal lips or shrinking labia it will bring up various articles.  Are you on HRT or vaginal oestrogen?

Lisa J T

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 10:51:22 PM »

Aww ok so it is normal... im only 38 so was bit of a shock to see such changes.. I am on HRT

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 11:25:51 PM »

It is a shock especially at your young age and not everyone experiences the same changes. Being on HRT is good but you could probably also do with some testosterone if you are noticing changes to the appearance of the vagina.

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 06:48:24 AM »

Using Ovestin every night on the labia helps plump them back up, mine have nearly disappeared altogether now but im 65.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 08:21:19 AM »

Good that you are on HRT as it protects heart and bones.

Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads on the Forum.  U will benefit from localised treatment to ease any dryness.

Lisa J T

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 11:33:35 PM »

Thanks for the advice Ladies xx

Rhinoslass

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 02:03:14 PM »

I am the same. Its really effecting me at the moment. Finding it very hard to deal with .

pepperminty

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 07:11:45 PM »

Yes , just as our faces age , so does our vulva. A good dollop of estrogen cream will help on the outside every day. Takes about 6 months to a year to improve the skin, but it will help.  Obviously tailor the dose to suit, but it should help.

PMX

Lisa J T

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 10:18:15 PM »

Yep, its not nice and was a real shock as seemed to have happened over night... just wasn't expecting it... and its def not talked about enough!!!