Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Own cycle overriding HRT  (Read 754 times)

xena

Own cycle overriding HRT
« on: September 30, 2021, 04:44:34 PM »

Hi

I'm 47 and have been on Evorel Sequi for approx 6-7 months now. This month has gone a bit haywire .... symptoms returned sleep and mood issues, dryness downstairs, spots and withdrawal bleed extended (light but dragged on) I called the doc as i assumed i may need an increase, of which she agreed and i was prescribed an extra Evorel 25 patch for 2 months trial and if no better then a complete change of HRT.
Anyway ..... since the phonecall to my GP I have realised that I have ovulated during my withdrawal bleed (i remember all the symptoms inc EWCM loads of it!)..... this was then followed by a break of bleeding and then spotting started again for a few days followed by a few night sweats/ daytime flushes and a period the following day...not heavy but a definate period of which I'm on day 2 i think. So i'm figuring my peri symptoms coming back in could've been down to a hormone surge? Must admit I don't think I've ovulated in 7 months so this is a novelty!
I'm thinking of leaving adding the Extra 25 patch until the end of this current pack of Evorel Sequi to see how this cycle goes? Back on the combi patches next week....  ?
Thanks in advance

Nik2502

Re: Own cycle overriding HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 07:06:27 PM »

I had a ‘proper’ period after having Covid. I felt myself ovulating after 10 months with no period. I’m under your care of Newson Health and they said it has been reported by many women either after their vaccination or having had Covid. 
I’d wait and see what happens.

Floo36

Re: Own cycle overriding HRT
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 11:59:02 AM »

In peri my periods have been all over the place along with the symptoms, it can go on for a number of years before menopause finally hits.