Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Up many time to pee at night—why?  (Read 986 times)

Shannonplussed

Up many time to pee at night—why?
« on: September 27, 2021, 10:54:00 AM »

What’s high or what’s low when I have to get up many many times over night to use the washroom? I have a tiny bladder, yes, but this is ridiculous. (No UTI symptoms, no urgency, just frequency.)

Taz2

Re: Up many time to pee at night—why?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 11:24:46 AM »

Usually low oestrogen. Are you on any vaginal HRT? Early vaginal atrophy may be the cause Also as we get older there is often no pain with a UTI. New frequency is one of the symptoms. It may be worth asking your surgery if you can drop off a sample for dip testing.

Taz

Shannonplussed

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 11:45:09 AM »

Thanks. I am using Premarin cream twice weekly but forgot to use it last night (well I remembered after I got into bed and then couldn’t be bothered to get back up!).

I’ve been using just a half pump of estrogel for a while now (with a Mirena); I’ll up it to a full pump and see if that helps. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 11:53:37 AM »

Did the GP prescribe Premarin?  U may require it every night if it's a low dose of oestrogen.  I have 'ovestin' and occasionally need to put one in during the afternoon as well as that evening.

If my bladder feels irritated I take 2 'nurofen' capsules 3 times a day to ease that need2pee feeling. 

Shannonplussed

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 12:41:59 PM »

My OB-GYN prescribed it, 2-3x weekly.
We don’t have neurofen in Canada; there may be something same under a different name but I’m not sure what it is.

VictoryV

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 01:44:59 PM »

This was one of my worst symptoms and disappeared when I started testosterone. However it could have been the Oestrogel as I was only on second month of HRT. Drove me nuts, I hope you get relief soon.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 02:18:16 PM »

Hi Shannonplussed:

Ask your Dr. to try Estragyn.  It is Estrone and personally find it much better than Premarin and much less inhumane!  As for items to help bladder, check Azo.  I purchase mine from Amazon but think it is available at Walmart or perhaps Shoppers Drug Mart.  Good luck from fellow Kanuck.

Shannonplussed

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 02:43:35 PM »

Thanks all!