Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estrogen too high / how best to reduce HRT?  (Read 923 times)

Gilla999

Estrogen too high / how best to reduce HRT?
« on: September 17, 2021, 02:34:43 PM »

My day 21 blood test results came back today, and as I had a feeling might be the case, they show that my Estrogen is too high. The results were:

estrogen: 1846 pmol (range 82-1251)
progesterone: 53.3 nmol (range 5.82-75.9)

I think, along with my low testosterone, that this is a lot responsible for the weight gain and constipation since I started Lenzetto.

I want to try again reducing my it but have failed two previous attempts because of side effects (extreme tiredness, a general "very ill" feeling and then sleep disruptions). However I am feeling that when this has happened it was more of a "withdrawal" from the high amount of Estrogen I've pumped into my system for the last 6 months rather than the level being too low per se. I have no idea if Estrogen wtihdrawal is an actual thing or whether it's just me, but I am incredibly sensitive to any changes in medication in general, and prior to starting HRT my Estrogen levels had only fallen from high to the low end of normal and yet I was horrendously symptomatic, so I do think I am also sensitive to Estrogen drops specifically.

I am planning to taper it down slowly over months (like I need to do with my antidepressants) and I wondered if anyone here has managed to successfully reduced their HRT and if so how they went about it? Is there a best time of the month (if you're still having periods like me)? Any other advice / thoughts would be welcomed. x