Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patches fall off constantly  (Read 827 times)

Twynnedays

• First Flush
Patches fall off constantly
« on: September 12, 2021, 07:42:48 AM »

Any advice as to whether I can swap brand of patch
Long story short I originally started HRT on evoril sequi patches and then during the shortage swapped to tablets
After not having a period for a year I went to patches but GP prescribed Femseven Conti, these slide off constantly. I’ve tried all the tricks advised including tape, ensuring the area is dry clean hair  free etc but I’m literally replacing them every couple of days when they should last all week.
I’m also on twice weekly Ovestin 1mg

Any advice as to wether I should ask for a swap? I’m off to Spain next week and don’t want to be constantly worrying about the patches falling off. The tablets were much easier to manage but worried me  😳

Sweaty68

Re: Patches fall off constantly
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 07:49:33 AM »

Hello,
I put my patches just inside my knicker line on the bikini area at the front.I find this works as it’s not  a “sweaty” part of the skin plus your knickers or bikini will help keep the patch in place and hidden!

Hope this helps x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 07:53:17 AM »

It's so frustrating that this happens with these patches. How long do you hold it firmly in place for and where are you placing them? I had to swap back to Evorel in the end as they stick much better.

Taz x

Twynnedays

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 08:51:35 AM »

I’ve tried this too but found it caused real itchiness in this area for some reason and I’d end so irritated (doesn’t take much these days ) xx

Twynnedays

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 08:55:03 AM »

I’ve tried holding them for upto 5 minutes as this was advised at some point
I’ve tried cold skin warm skin too
So flipping frustrating 😳

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 08:05:28 PM »

How long does it say in the instructions? You have to press it really firmly with a warm palm. I find towards the top of my buttock to be the best place for me. Itchiness shows an allergy to the adhesive.  :-\