Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi - Just started out on sandrena and utro regime- feeling a bit wierd!  (Read 1260 times)

marvelousways

• First Flush

Hi All,
I have just joined here and already have spent so much time reading various posts and learning lot. I am 48 and peri-menopausal, probably have been for around 2-3 years. Still having period, but now becoming a bit more irregular, with a lot of variation in ammount of bleeding. Over the last 12- 18 months lots of symptoms which have basically ended up having such a negative effect on my life. Hot flushes, episodes of such extreme sweating (it literlly runs down my face and drips off me!) night sweats, insomnia and awful anxiety/irritability/panic attacks/low mood and fatigue and palpitaitons.
I have finally got some HRT prescribed and have just started (one week ago) on sandrena gel (1mg) with utrogestan (200mg) to take from days 15 - 26. I am a bit nervous about the utro phase, but will see how it goes.

I have had some nausea, which seems to have mostly passed, but also seem to be feeling really spaced out/exhausted/dizzy for the last couple of days which I wasnt really expecting form just the oestogen gel bit. Has anyone else had this? How long did it take to settle? I know it will take a while for things to level out so I am trying to be patient but I am off work curently, but back tomorrow and Im a bit worried about how I will cope with work feeling like this. Thanks all.

Dotty

Re: Hi - Just started out on sandrena and utro regime- feeling a bit wierd!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 06:35:22 AM »

Hi I was just like you in peri menopause. I was so exhausted and so unwell that I just couldn’t function.

It could be that what you are experiencing are actually still menopausal symptoms. It takes quite a while for the oestrogen to start having an effect as it needs to build up in your system. You are on quite a low dose so might need more. I didn’t start feeling better till I was on 4 pumps of Oestrogel and it took a good 4-6 weeks to feel any improvement.

So I think what I’m saying is that you are probably feeling the symptoms of peri menopause , not a side effect of the oestrogen. x