Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worried  (Read 2206 times)

Suzysheep

Re: Worried
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 11:57:09 AM »

I’m sorry to hear you feel so bad.
I’m suffering with crippling anxiety. I cry every day, I have nagging thoughts of a very dark nature. Basically falling apart.
I ask myself every day, how can this be hormones… but it is just that.
I have gone on citalopram, but 6 weeks in now I don’t feel the benefit.

You are not alone… we stand with you. Keep reaching out. Xx

SMD

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 12:09:02 PM »

Thanks Suzysheep. Sending a virtual hug.

sheila99

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 02:01:15 PM »

I went through a similar stage with periods, a bit of brown, then pale pink for several days, a couple of days 'proper' bleed then several more days with hardly anything but not stopping. It's good you're having a scan but I think it's far more likely to be peri. Agree with the 'advice for husbands', print it off and stick it under his nose. He needs to understand how bad it can be and that it isn't your fault. Many of us, me included, have felt like you do. It doesn't last forever, there will come a time when you feel better. Are you on HRT? If not perhaps have a discussion with your gp. It's made a big difference to my life.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 02:51:23 PM »

Lots probably SMD  - peri-menopause seems to increase anxiety for some reason.    Have you printed off 'hints for husbands' from the Forum?  Hand it over ;-). 

If you are suffering such severe anxiety then get appropriate anti-anxiety medication?  HRT isn't the cure for anxiety, it's not designed for it.  Replacement is for hormones and can take a while to kick in anyway.  Some require HRT as well as appropriate medication to ease mental health issues.

sheila99

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 06:33:00 PM »

It depends on the anxiety. Mine came with peri, never had it before (and hope never to again, it's so debilitating). Caused by low oestrogen, completely cured with hrt. But if you had it before peri then some other medication may be appropriate.

Floo36

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2021, 10:02:47 AM »

I’m perimenopausal and bleeding is all over the place unfortunately and can be worrying first. 

VictoryV

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2021, 10:13:44 AM »

I didn’t get anxiety before Peri either, I didn’t know what anxiety was before I found this forum and I described anxiety as fear. It was my worse hormonal symptom and thankfully HRT cured it very quickly. I hope it never comes back.

Chrixx

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2021, 11:08:00 AM »

You could ask to be referred for a vaginally ultrasound as a 2ww? 2week wait is a quicker referral process. I was getting spotting for a year and then got referred quickly. Nothing was wrong thank God. So I am suggesting this so you can get seen quicker and not because anything bad is going on. I was told be consultant to rather increase my progesterone or get mirena coil. Phone your Surrey when they open tomorrow and ask to speak to GP.

SMD

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2021, 02:11:36 PM »

Hi all, I had an ultrasound scan this morning,  outer and inner (joy). Everything looks fine so the consultant thinks my bleeding pattern is linked to hormones. Also said I can ask to see her in the future if things change again.

Feeling relieved and glad I got the referral rather than worrying myself for more weeks and months. I'd encourage anyone else to do the same.

Also the scanning process is fine, nothing to be scared of

Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2021, 03:38:04 PM »

Tnx for the update!
Pages: 1 [2]