Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone used bisoprolol furmate  (Read 1985 times)

shrosphirelass

Anyone used bisoprolol furmate
« on: September 06, 2021, 10:55:58 AM »

Anyone used bisoprolol furmate for high blood pressure? I'm just starting it and immediately have a headache and feel a bit wozzy. Probably just me being anxious about taking it.

Sparkler

Re: Anyone used bisoprolol furmate
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 06:48:23 AM »

Hi Shropshirelass

I too bisoprolol fumarate for about 4 years at a very low dose (2.5) and it worked brilliantly. The initial feeling of being not quite with it passed quickly in a few days but I was told only to take it first thing in the morning. It brought my BP down and the doc said I would probably need it forever, but he also said had seen patients control their BP successfully with meditation. I did the meditation and gradually came off the meds, but that was over a series of years. BP is now fine (118/78).

If it doesn’t settle you might ask for a lower dose, and over time consider meditation?

Good luck and let us know how you get on
Sparkler
x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 12:29:58 PM »

H Spearkler, thanks for your reply. I am only on 1.25 dose and the dr is intending to gradually increase if it is well tolerated and as needed. I have had a low grade headache since starting it on Monday but I'm hoping that will settle. I don't know why my BP is high. I am under weight, have a healthy diet and am very active but I do experience anxiety frequently. It has also increased since being on HR but I don't know if that is related.I have use headspace for a couple of years now and I do find it helpful, but it hasn't made any difference to my BP I don't think. Its really good that you were able to come off medication. What kind of meditation do you do?

Sparkler

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 07:13:30 PM »

I used Linda Hall simple meditations - between 9 mins and 16 mins in length. It really did help.
1.25 is the lowest dose and I really hope you feel better soon:)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 10:45:12 AM »

Thanks Sparkler, will seek that out. I had dreadful chest pains yesterday which thankfully have now eased, but have an upset stomach, so I'm not sure if they suit me. I'll carry on unril my review in a couple of weeks and hope the side effects (if that is what it is) settle.

JoannFran

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 02:58:36 PM »

Hi Shrosphirelass

Just wondered how you are getting on with the bisoprolol?  I have been prescribed this today by my dr to hopefully lower my blood pressure and reduce anxiety.  Have the side effects settled down for you now?  My dr told me to take it at night.

Hope you are ok.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 11:52:53 AM »

Hi JoannFran, yes the side effects have settled. I don't know I am taking it now tbh. I was advised to take it in the morning. I have a tablet at breakfast. I think it also says this in the instructions. My blood pressure has already reduced and I am only having the lowest dose. The dr has now given me a further 2 months at this dose as he says I don't need more, to be reviewed. I'm not sure about anxiety. I think it reduces the heart rate (my pulse has reduced dramatically) so I guess it would help with the physical symptoms of anxiety.

JoannFran

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 01:28:06 PM »

Thanks for replying shrosphirelass

So glad its working out well for you.  I took my first dose last night and it definitely lowered my pulse and my blood pressure was normal this morning too.  I had chest pains after taking it.  Not really pains actually, more like a pressure/tightness, but I think that was from the anxiety of taking a new med (I'm pathetic).  I might try to take them in the morning as I don't think I'd lay there waiting for side effects to happen  ;D

Take care.