Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbie. Does this all sound ok?  (Read 768 times)

Sherbet4

Newbie. Does this all sound ok?
« on: September 02, 2021, 09:03:30 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I’m 50 have been suffering from severe mood swings, exhaustion, joint pains, insomnia (waking at 4am!) heavy clotty periods and night sweats for years.  Had no idea hrt was an option as I had regular periods (missed a few here and there) and that peri caused all this so hoping that I’ve finally found the answer! To say I’ve felt unhinged for sometime would be an understatement… and I need a full nights sleep so badly!

I’ve just been prescribed 1mg estradiol gel daily and 200mg utrogestan capsules to be taken on cycle days 12 to 26.
Does that sound ok or does it sound like a lot of progesterone? After reading on here it seems like people are on 100mg so I’m a little confused.

Also, I’ve also only just been able to get my prescription so started the estrogen gel last night which would have been day 3 of my period. Any idea how I work out when to start the progesterone? Do I count 12 days from when period started or do I count 3 days forwards as I’m 3 days late starting the estrogen gel? I don’t know how long my cycle is so do I just do it on a 28 day regardless of when I bleed?

Any advice on what to do and what to expect would be really appreciated 😊

Dotty

Re: Newbie. Does this all sound ok?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 12:08:53 PM »

Hi 200mg is the dose of Utrogestan for peri menopause and you take it on days 15 -26 of your cycle. Day 1 is the first day of your period. Start the Utrogestan on the same date every month. That’s the easiest wAy to remember when to take it. xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie. Does this all sound ok?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 07:37:36 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round. Join in.