Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello and help please  (Read 1301 times)

Esme

• First Flush
Hello and help please
« on: August 30, 2021, 09:38:14 AM »

Hi Ladies

I am a new member and would appreciate your advice.

I am 54 and after struggling with the menopause and various unsympathetic GPs I started seeing a HRT Consultant privately 5 years ago who gave me back my life with Estradot patches 50mcg, a mirena coil and Vagifem twice a week.  I am due to have my Mirena replaced in 8 weeks and I am worried that this may not be possible. I have not been intimate with my partner for 4 years as it became uncomfortable down below (as if I had shrunk) which I assumed was VA. I bought a set of dilators to try and prepare for the Mirena replacement and managed to insert them  with lube. However, when I inserted a finger into my vagina, I could feel a rough bulge and I had to angle the dilators around it. I am worried that I will not be able to have my Mirena replaced and the nightmare menopause symptoms will return and I will never be intimate with my partner again and what is this bulge??? I thought about trying to see my GP but they not keen on HRT and are constantly reminding me that I need to come off it (no chance), and anyway if I need a Consultant referral I could be waiting ages. Am I doing the right thing in waiting 8 weeks to see my HRT Consultant? Sorry for the ramble, feels so good to get it off my chest and ask for help.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Hello and help please
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 08:04:10 PM »

Hi Esme

Just wanted to welcome you.
I’m sure someone will come along soon to offer some advice.

:welcomemm:

Xx