Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Oestrogen dominance - myth or possibility?  (Read 4736 times)

Scampidoodle

Re: Oestrogen dominance - myth or possibility?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2021, 03:31:35 PM »

Are you finding the dim helpful LadyCC? I think I have exactly the same problem as you x

EllaAurora

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2021, 04:45:40 PM »

Agree blood tests are confusing as I’ve had E tested on days where it’s been low at 79pmol and 103pmol and I felt great those days. Then I’ve had it tested when it’s higher 432pmol. They’re often totally unreliable!

This is so true, very tricky to figure what the one time tests actually tell -if anything. I've had couple of tests over the past year, in trying to understand where I am in terms of HRT dose, and the results have been quite surprising. I've felt the best on the day my E was only 90pmol, then felt OK'ish on a day it was 160, and a lot worse on days when it was 240 and 480. On both of the higher days I felt panicky and anxious, while on the lower reading days more balanced. I wonder if this means then that my body likes to have less estrogen, of if its just random...? I'm thinking it must be the latter, because if my body really liked low oestrogen, then why on earth did I get the horrendous menopause symptoms.  ??? Or maybe its the fluctuations that are causing the symptoms, which may come either when going down or going up rapidly.

I got interested as someone mentioned about the more accurate tests, the 'DUTCH test' and other similar, I suppose these are more reliable.
Need to dig into this topic more!

LadyCC

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2021, 08:08:26 PM »

Are you finding the dim helpful LadyCC? I think I have exactly the same problem as you x

Hey Scampidoodle

I havent been put on the DIM this time round.  The last time was when I was using oestrogel late last year early this year to try and resolve this wrong pathway issue but unfortunately for me in relation to the most significant issue of cramping, it touched it but not enough to leave me pain free.  I have just undertaken exhaustive tests to check for other issues as I think my resistance is quite unusual.  I am hopeful that this will finally pinpoint what my issue is so that I can be back in sync and understanding what my body needs when it needs it.

LadyCC

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2021, 08:14:33 PM »

Agree blood tests are confusing as I’ve had E tested on days where it’s been low at 79pmol and 103pmol and I felt great those days. Then I’ve had it tested when it’s higher 432pmol. They’re often totally unreliable!

This is so true, very tricky to figure what the one time tests actually tell -if anything. I've had couple of tests over the past year, in trying to understand where I am in terms of HRT dose, and the results have been quite surprising. I've felt the best on the day my E was only 90pmol, then felt OK'ish on a day it was 160, and a lot worse on days when it was 240 and 480. On both of the higher days I felt panicky and anxious, while on the lower reading days more balanced. I wonder if this means then that my body likes to have less estrogen, of if its just random...? I'm thinking it must be the latter, because if my body really liked low oestrogen, then why on earth did I get the horrendous menopause symptoms.  ??? Or maybe its the fluctuations that are causing the symptoms, which may come either when going down or going up rapidly.

I got interested as someone mentioned about the more accurate tests, the 'DUTCH test' and other similar, I suppose these are more reliable.
Need to dig into this topic more!

Dutch test is deemed very accurate.  In the past practitioners I have worked with have preferred it over a blood test when checking for hormone related issues.  Its very comprehensive but also can be quite costly. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]