Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti vs Femseven Patches  (Read 9974 times)

Meno44

Evorel Conti vs Femseven Patches
« on: August 16, 2021, 01:53:39 PM »

I’m 45 and been post menopausal for a few years now.

I was taking Evorel Conti for about 7-8 months but they started to make me feel nauseous, bloated and have period type cramps (without the period).

I stopped taking them and these symptoms went but all the menopausal ones started up again.

I’ve been reading about Femseven and understand it is a different type of progesterone so I thought I’d ask to try that.

I know everyone is different but I’d like to hear of others experience with both patches.

robotwars

Re: Evorel Conti vs Femseven Patches
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »

Hi! I used Evorel conti for 8 months but bleed constantly and stopped at Xmas, I am in full menopause so no periods anymore and didn’t want them back!!! Doctor prescribed me femsevern conti 2 weeks ago but I’m nervous of sticking one on as don’t want the side effects, look forward to reading your replies on this! Good luck

Meno44

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 05:52:57 PM »

I’ll definitely update this thread when I (hopefully) get prescribed the new patches

Meno44

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 08:59:04 PM »

Well it’s day 4 on Femseven patch and I’m feeling a little rough.
I started having period like cramps and some loose bowel movements. I’m just getting waves of stomach cramps but they are not too bad.
I had the same side effects on Evorel Conti but they didn’t appear until I had been taking them for a few weeks.
I’ll persevere and hopefully it will get better.

robotwars

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 01:43:51 PM »

Hi Meno, i did start the patches, i have asked for advice in another thread.. my mood did lift on the patches but i also suffered with lower pelvic pain and a shooting pain in right side, my biggest problem is the rash I'm getting from the patches, my skin is so red and sore, i just dont know what to do now!!! so fed up with this......

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 09:47:55 AM »

Hi! I used Evorel conti for 8 months but bleed constantly and stopped at Xmas, I am in full menopause so no periods anymore and didn’t want them back!!! Doctor prescribed me femsevern conti 2 weeks ago but I’m nervous of sticking one on as don’t want the side effects, look forward to reading your replies on this! Good luck

I’m in almost exactly the same situation, gave up evorel conti patches due to continuous bleeding and inflammation of skin issues which had been a thing of the past.

Subclinical hypothyroid, symptomatic but not in the score to be treated...I think that’s my problem, but after various other irrelevant medication being tried... I have been given femseven.....and too scared to start them!

Will post if I start them.

Meno44

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 07:16:01 AM »

Hi robot wars, sorry to hear this. I really hope you find a solution soon, it’s so draining having to keep trying different things.
Have you tried anything else other than patches?

Meno44

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 07:20:27 AM »

I’m in almost exactly the same situation, gave up evorel conti patches due to continuous bleeding and inflammation of skin issues which had been a thing of the past.

Subclinical hypothyroid, symptomatic but not in the score to be treated...I think that’s my problem, but after various other irrelevant medication being tried... I have been given femseven.....and too scared to start them!

Will post if I start them.

Hi, give the patches a go, you never know they may be right for you.
I’m a week on the patch now and the stomach cramps have gone but I get waves of nausea (not too bad though). I’ve noticed my hot flushes have decreased dramatically (only get them at night now rather than all day everyday).
I’ll update soon

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 10:29:33 PM »

I’m on week 2 of the Femseven now. Finally got brave enough to try it. Week 1 went fine, the only thing I noticed was I was ravenous in the morning with my stomach rumbling.

When I put the new ( second)  patch on, I felt tired and a bit headachy all day which made me wonder if the strength is greater when it first goes on rather than an even release.

Will give updates as time goes on.

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2021, 07:37:22 PM »

Okay, update...on sixth Femseven Conti patch.
Not noticed much improvement to anything, but no bleeding etc...either....But really upset as I have put on 9lb...most of this was PRIOR to Christmas indulgences which have added a couple of pounds. Frustrating, as I had reached a healthy weight previous to this. I have regained a third of recent weight losses.   :(

I don’t believe this is just water retention, as my saggy tum is starting to reappear...but I have  felt really hungry all the time since  week 1 ...as noted above...waking up with a grumbly stomach and so I have probably eaten more. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 09:47:40 PM by Hezzalady67! »