Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen levels  (Read 989 times)

Ruby27

• First Flush
Oestrogen levels
« on: August 12, 2021, 06:31:49 PM »

Hi everyone,

New to the forum. I have been on 4 pumps of Estrogel and 1 tablet of 100mg Utrogestan at night. My gynaecologist has reduced my dose to 2 pumps of Estrogel and keeping my 1 tablet of Utrogestan as my oestrogen levels came back at 846, which she said was too high. I am now also taking testosterone gel a tiny amount everyday.
Since reducing my Estrogel I am having terrible sleep problems, which is impacting my everyday life.
I’m 58 I have been post menopausal for 1 year any advice would be much appreciated.

(Was on evorel patches but kept falling off)

Should my Estrogel dosage go off my oestrogen levels or symptoms?

Thank you very much

Nas

Re: Oestrogen levels
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 09:17:50 PM »

I would think if your symptoms were under control with the 4 pumps, then your dose should be 4 pumps. Symptoms are a much better way of deciphering what’s going on, than blood tests. For example, you may have applied the gel and then had the blood test, which would give a high reading ?

Try and get your 4 pumps back I would. 

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 08:47:51 AM »

The nhs goes on symptoms though I suspect this is a cost/benefit decision. Cutting the dose in half is a bit drastic and obviously it's too low now. Will she let you increase to 3?

Floo36

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 12:29:32 PM »

That blood reading isn’t too high, it’s whatever makes you well.  Dr Newson has a fact sheet on her website regarding Estrogen blood levels and worth a look. 

Ruby27

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 10:27:26 PM »

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your help. I’m due a blood test at the end of September but this time I will not apply my gel before the test and see what the numbers are.

I also spoke to my GP about going up to 3 pumps and she agreed.