Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Out of date patches  (Read 617 times)

Nas

Out of date patches
« on: August 06, 2021, 10:59:22 AM »

Hi all,
Just a quick one.

I am currently on evorel 75mg with utgrogesten and have been for a few months now (give or take a few days here and there).
Some sympoms have calmed, but others, primarily morning anxiety, palpitations and early waking, still remain.
I have some 100mg patches which are 5 months past their use by date and was thinking of giving them a go, to if they ease these symptoms.

I did try and up the dose a few weeks ago, but experienced awful tummy issues, so quickly reverted back to the 75.
I thought if I gave them a go and they worked this time, then I could gp ahead and  get my prescription altered, but if they didn't work, I wouldn't have the faff of getting back in touch with the GP to drop down a dose again (have had enoough of that of late!)

Nothing to lose I guess, but am very tired now and need to sleep a bit better and for longer and get rid of this intermittent anxiety.

xx

Floo36

Re: Out of date patches
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 12:44:39 PM »

There will be nothing wrong with the out of date patches as long as they have been stored appropriately.  I asked a menopause pharmacist about spray that had been opened for over 8 months and they said that it may just be a bit weaker but would be fine to use.  Give it a try you have nothing to lose but may gain a lot.

Nas

Re: Out of date patches
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 12:56:22 PM »

Thanks floo 🌸🌸🤞