Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Re setting the body and starting again?  (Read 2096 times)

Michelle7474

Re: Re setting the body and starting again?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2021, 03:04:11 PM »

That’s the thing
Find out what helps each individual.. we are all going through same but our bodies  are different

I have had no HRT since Tuesday & I feel ok .. not 100% but so far I’ve noticed a difference with my jittery ness .. it’s not so often but it’s there still. I have left the home on my own woohooo ( this as been an issue with the lightheadedness and panic and aniexty .. always feeling I was gonna pass out made me stay in & only went out with husband ) today I went down to my in-laws alone
It’s not far away but for me that’s been an achievement as this passing out feeling over took my life & stopped me doing little things like that …
I still get woozie but it’s not as intense ( again don’t know it this is due to patch it not )
New thing for me ( but I think I had this after coming off pill ) is from no where feeling nauseous .. in waves it comes and goes but If i remember I had that and bloating after I stopped taking mini pill after 15-20 years of taking it

My hot body and hot face is back like it was before HRT but I can handle that 100% more than the aniexty/jittery/panic

I still have aniexty But at same time no where near as bad as it was , but again I won’t know if this is due to HRT or not
As before patches it was never as bad .. so part of me wants to get back to how I was before and see if it was really too much hormone that upset my journey with HRT along with my own raging ones in Back ground
I Will try HRT again in the future as I know once a balance is found it’s gonna be a life changer but I need to actually give me a chance as long as I possibly can without it, to see if actually I had too much hormones with the patches on

I know it’s early days so I won’t get a head of myself just yet lol

Good luck in your journeys .. I hope eventually we all get the balance we all desperately need :)

Antidepressants would be my last resort  because I believe this is more hormones related … My friends take them for various of reasons and they all well , but to me I’m not ready for that just yet but if I was to continue to struggle I would actually think about using them

Good luck ladies xxx

Nas

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2021, 05:09:16 PM »

Good luck Michelle,
I know what you mean about giving your body a chance to see what you would be like without HRT.  I would do the same but scared as I can remember the dark moods and the sweating. It might not be as bad as before, but not willing to risk it right now!

As you say, we, must all do what is right for us and those around us. I know the patch gives me some stability in my head, but equally it isn’t the right dose either. Maybe in a few weeks, I will brave the next dose up.

If someone had said to me 2 years ago, this is your battle, I would have laughed and dismissed it. Now, I’m talking to my 16 year old daughter as if her menopause is imminent! It’s vital girls and women know what a rubbish ride it can be.

Xx🌸🌸🌸🌸

Michelle7474

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2021, 06:48:50 PM »

100%
I’ve told everyone younger than me to prepare them selves .. I was expecting a few missed periods and few flushes
I said I couldn’t wait for it to happen so no more periods
I take those words back … although I’ve never missed a period I’ve suffered & as most of us ladies I wasn’t educated enough for this ..
I learnt more from this site to be honest

Good luck I hope your regime works and settles things for you very soon

I’m just taking one day at a time because I don’t wanna plan that far ahead and then bang lol 😂
I do so far in myself feel better off it but we all know what a rollercoaster this peri/menopause journey is

Next life I’m coming back as man !!

EllaAurora

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 08:36:48 AM »

Hi Nas,
how are you doing now? I hope the 75 mcg patch works to stabilise things.

I agree 100% what you said about being ready for menopause. I had absolutely no idea what was about to come! 2 years ago when I got my first experience of waking up at night with a hot flush and sweating, I imagined that would be the worst symptom, perhaps combined with some difficulty sleeping which I had started to experience every now and then. I also assumed that whenever I'd start to suffer more, I'd just start HRT and it would all be fine again.  ::)

With above in mind, we can change this and make sure that we're not suffering in silence but will talk about this to our families, friends, colleagues.

Take care and keep us posted! xx

Pages: 1 [2]