Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Loose bowels and snuffly head anyone??  (Read 885 times)

Sparkles1973

Loose bowels and snuffly head anyone??
« on: July 28, 2021, 04:50:17 PM »

Hi there!

Just to ask, does anyone suffer with a snuffly nose and loose bowels with perimenopause? It's not all the time, but when it happens, I feel quite poorly with it? Is this hormone related? Xxx

Taz2

Re: Loose bowels and snuffly head anyone??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 05:13:19 PM »

It sounds more allergy related? I have a sensitivity to soya which as well as upsetting my stomach also makes me feel like I'm going down with a flu type illness. Maybe you could keep a food diary. There are hidden ingredients in so many products.

Taz x

Sparkles1973

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 05:26:31 PM »

Thanks Taz! I can't think what it could be, but I will keep an eye out.... I haven't changed my diet or anything so it's a bit bizarre ❤❤

Scampidoodle

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 06:49:50 PM »

Do you know if it’s cyclical? I have loose bowels around ovulation but no other time that’s why I ask! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 06:51:19 PM »

Allergies can become more noticeable during peri.

10 mins. B4 a bleed, even if a period wasn't due, I would have 'the runs'.  No argument, I had to find a loo  :o

Floo36

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 07:34:58 AM »

Yes, I have the loose bowel problem and stuffed up feeling, they come and go with my very erratic fluctuations along with panic attacks, dizzy, terror, pain, flushes, shivers, insomnia etc. When my own Estrogen rises and settles the panic and bowel problems go but the other menopause symptoms remain.  It’s unbelievable how many symptoms there are for those of us who are severely affected.

Sparkles1973

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 07:59:59 AM »

Thank you all! Floo, I'm the same as you with similar symptoms....just finished my period 2 days ago and had 1 day of exhaustion throughout it and then stuffy nose, full head, racing heart loose bowels.  Not feeling my best still.... I've had this in phases before .... I don't think it has a particular pattern but I noted last month I had something similar during my last period.  Now I just have the racing heart and feeling sickly 😣❤