Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena removal problems  (Read 606 times)

Tinkerbell

Mirena removal problems
« on: July 28, 2021, 12:23:38 PM »

I went to get my Mirena replaced and GP couldn't find my cervix, so has referred me to somewhere else and after all the prodding and poking this morning i am really not looking forward to that.

In meantime she has prescribed Estradiol patches, i didn't get on with Estradot as i couldn't get them to stay stuck so not holding out alot of hope with what she has prescribed. Also they are 50 mcg and i was using 3 pumps of Oestrogel so thinking i am not going to get good symptom contol.

She did offer Utrogestan but when i tried that pre Mirena i couldn't function on it because of the side effects.

So stressed as i have so much going on at moment, my father is really ill, and it is just another thing to deal with.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mirena removal problems
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 01:12:22 PM »

Do U need it removed immediately?  It should, if there has been difficulty, be done in Hospital under a light anaesthetic so that you R completely relaxed.

R U able to visit with your Dad?  Difficult enough without C-19 to take in2 account.   :foryou:

LSmarty

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 01:52:37 PM »

I have a tilted pelvis and often have this problem, I'm usually asked to make fists with both hands and put them under my bum! Not the comfiest but does the trick so your cervix can be found
😊

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 04:28:03 PM »

les.smart - i mentioned that i had to do that for smears and when i had Mirena put in i had to do that, this was a different GP i am now wondering why she didn't try that.

CLKD- i can visit, you have to book, but he is two hours away. Yes the Mirena has expired, don't want a GA :(

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 04:30:56 PM »

OUCH!

Mum is 2 hours drive from us so we simply don't visit, as she doesn't want us there  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 04:41:59 PM »

Do they have someone with more experience of fitting them? If it went in without a GA last time it should be possible this time.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 06:31:50 PM »

She couldn't get it out so is referring me onto a clinic at a different GP surgery which has a visiting gynacologist from the hospital. I am not seeing him again as i was unfortunate to have an appointment with him in the early days of my VA treatment, his manner was awful and he wanted me to have hysterscopy because of my over use of Vagifem. I had only been using five a week for six months!

I am going to look at getting it done privately now.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 06:50:22 PM »

Let us know how you get on.