Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New to this little advice please  (Read 547 times)

Jean007

• First Flush
New to this little advice please
« on: July 28, 2021, 07:20:59 AM »

Started femeston conti 0.5/2.5 low dose age 54, only missed periods for 4 months when put on this nurse said could go on conti because of age. My low mood has been fine hot flushes fine and sleeping better, but been have bleeds each 3 or 4 weeks should this still be going on 4 months in.

Taz2

Re: New to this little advice please
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 11:20:57 AM »

Hello Jean007.

The nurse is right that you can use conti HRT due to your age despite not having had a whole year without periods. Bleeding is common during the first six months of any conti HRT. This can be in the form of spotting or full-on period type bleeding. I bled for the whole of the six months which was a nuisance to say the least and after that I went back onto sequi so that I at least had a light predictable bleed. I was 57 then I think.

Hopefully everything will settle down by the six month mark and you will be bleed-free. It's great to hear that you are feeling better. :)

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 11:23:34 AM »

:welcomemm:

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 11:52:50 AM »

Hi Jean007 it could be that you’re not ready for a Conti HRT yet as you hadn’t gone 12 months without a period. You may be better on a Sequi regime x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 04:39:16 PM »

There seems to be an assumption that amongst many doctors that everyone is meno by 54. Some women aren't meno until their early 60s and you aren't yet as you haven't been a year without a bleed. If you still have a cycle of your own you will still bleed on hrt so, as said above, a sequi regime might be more appropriate. The exception is if you use a mirena for the progesterone, it usually stops the bleeding even if you're still cycling.