Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Covid anxiety  (Read 5555 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid anxiety
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2021, 04:00:10 PM »

We don't have to isolate if pinged.  By the time the app goes off, it could be 5-10 days  ::) by which time the germ has been passed on.

Or vaccines are coming to the end of shelf life so will be destroyed?  There is now debate about whether 'we need' boosters/not; at the same time as 'flu jabs! I think not, over loading the system isn't the way to go.  I will have the vaccine booster but not bother with the 'flu one again.

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2021, 06:00:33 PM »

I'll have both. I didn't want to catch flu before covid and that's not changed

Two more friends have tested positive. Both double vaccinated and showing no symptoms. They only found out due to the twice weekly testing done at work. My son's just been contacted by NHS test and trace. He's not very happy. He's double vaccinated and he also had the virus last year. This will be his third lot of isolating!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2021, 09:21:26 PM »

I think that people in your son's situation should be tested more thoroughly i.e. anti-body blood tests and a proper medical overhaul.  There have been many false positives with T&T as well as with pinging.

He stood beside someone who has tested positive, is that correct?  When did they get a +ive test I wonder ........... and how long ago.  Was it a person he knows? 

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2021, 11:37:08 PM »

I'm not sure that he is in an unusual situation. Many people I know have had the virus despite vaccination but only find out when doing the free lateral flow tests twice a week. I am one of the few of my friends who isn't doing them and feel I should definitely start as it seems to be the only way to know if I'm carrying the virus. It's a work colleague who was in a meeting with him for 40 minutes. One isolation was obviously when he got covid last October and the other one was a ping which he did because he felt he should although it's not a legal requirement. It's just the way things are now and it's not a case of 'if' we get it but rather 'when' I feel. Fingers crossed vaccinations continue to keep us out of hospital.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2021, 07:58:31 AM »

This isolation is costing the Economy huge amounts  :-\ as well as upping stress 4 many !  How is he feeling? 

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2021, 08:33:14 PM »

Hes feeling fine and testing negative on the lateral flow tests. I've lost track of what the rules are!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2021, 08:57:53 PM »

From Monday they alter.  Again  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2021, 10:08:10 AM »

I don't feel particularly anxious but beginning to feel like a guinea pig  :o-  The Team that developed the Oxford vaccine say no boosters required: Boris however  >:(. DH will have one, I can't be bothered.  I won't be having the 'flu jab either.  I think too much too soon!  Unless anti-body testing becomes available so that those who require a booster get them?

Gnatty

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 11:52:16 AM »

I will be very happy to have booster and flu jab!

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2021, 12:42:32 PM »

Not at the same time ?   :-\ isn't that over doing the immune system?

The News today -  "People will be offered their 3rd booster"  :-\ ............ DH told me to stop shouting at the BBC as they can't (apparently) hear me.   :-X. But no one has had a 'booster' have they ?  We've had 2 vaccines ................

I won't be having the 'flu jab.  I did last year but with being masked and people remaining at home, plus keeping distances, the 'flu wasn't a problem, nor D&V.

What happened to the 20,000 new nurses promised 3 years ago  :-\  ???

Gnatty

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2021, 02:47:12 PM »

I thought that over the summer booster jabs had been tested. But can't remember where I heard it....

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2021, 04:40:44 PM »

All jabs will have been tested.  But R they necessary  :-\

Jo4545

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2021, 05:55:37 PM »

I'm only have the booster and or flu jab if my GP completely 100% backs me for having it as I am sure the first and second vaccines have made me very tired and unwell. Also I rarely do much so fairly low risk in catching anything at the moment

Michelle7474

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2021, 06:43:57 PM »

I’m not old enough for the booster but I wouldn’t be having it if I was
I had covid in January.. first jab end March 2nd jab June and to be honest I haven’t felt 100% me since January and add to that hormones ..

I couldn’t pin point what started my aniexty… but it was out of those 3 and i won’t be adding to it

My mom said she will have hers but that’s her choice as it’s her body ..
My husband is 52 and he said No
He as also had covid same time scale as me.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2021, 06:49:11 PM »

DH tried to explain how the booster will boost my immune system against X, Y, Z  ...........   probably 'they' don't know enough about how long the vaccine lasts and it's too expensive to do anti-body testing on everyone?  If boosters were recommended for the Spring I might be more supportive.

This again is about 'helping the NHS' instead of getting more staff etc..   Ambulances are waiting up to 17 hours B4 unloaded patients into A&E, leave alone getting patients into a bed.  The whole system was grinding to a halt in the 1980s ............ but no one listened  :'(
Pages: 1 [2] 3