Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Thinking of coming off HRT  (Read 1013 times)

Michelle7474

Thinking of coming off HRT
« on: July 25, 2021, 01:10:13 PM »

Me again
I’m seriously thinking of coming off HRT
I’m currently on everol 50 sequi patches
I’m 4 months in
First month my hot sweats went & palpitations and was sleeping better for me anyway as I’ve never been a good sleeper & most aches and pains went
But aniexty & Fuzzy head stayed like I’m gonna pass out stayed !!
Month 2 I noticed most symptoms came back but not as intense but still there. Aniexty went through roof didn’t matter what patch I was on
Same in month 3 and also 4
Aniexty non stop & this lightheadedness and feeling I’m gonna pass out is constant
I can’t leave the home because I feel I’m gonna pass out .. it don’t matter if I’m standing or sitting
Also why on HRT started getting burning in left side and on omperzole which eases but not fully gone
Appitite as gone but I eat because I have too
I feel like crap every day & I’m struggling
I was meant to start the Progesterone tabs today as a new regime but I will continue on Conti patch as I can’t add any dopey feeling to this lightheadedness that I have already
It’s horrendous… along with clammy hands and feet & body shakes and head rushes ( blood pressure isn’t low ) it’s like a surge rushing to my head I can’t explain it  .. later I will probably get a headache if it’s following the pattern of this past week
I hate this feeling .. before HRT it wasn’t as often , in fact was when I was ovalting or when I was due a cycle but not as bad
But this is constant

Would you just stop the patches or wean off them is my question

I have GP phoning me in morning as I requested to speak about this constant lightheadedness & pressure feeling in back of my head .. it’s like a tension headache  without pain ..
I’m not sure if it’s hormone related and everything gets put down to aniexty but it’s the headrush that starts it all.
Burning in side is bad again today
I just want one normal day …
I had to give up work because of this and feeling off balance
I breathe through everything and stay as calm as I can
I want to cry … no I want help its too much
Any advice help would be appreciated
Poor husband must be sick of hearing it although he is lovely , he will be honest and say he don’t understand.. always wants to get me out for a drive to get me out the house as walking is too much with this lightheadedness & shakes

My GP rang this morning and is gonna do blood tests for blood sugar levels
And gave me excercises for my neck and also increased the Omperzole to twice a day to see if that helps.

I’ve been jittery all day again today and I’m seriously thinking I’m worse now than before HRT
As this happened to anyone before ?
Maybe I didn’t need it now and maybe in the future I will

I always had regular periods but then got a couple where was having 2 bleeds in 10 days ..
I got jittery & hot just before ovalting and also just before cycle , same as the heat feeling as it was never sweats so much it was constant heat in my face neck and chest ( still get this now )
Headaches was on and off over months since last year . one month it be bad and next it would be fine .. this month I’ve been getting a banging headache after each lightheaded episode ( doc said could be migraine related ) which could be hormonal
Ache and pains I got before HRT they disappeared first month but been back since
Sleeping was on and off but that’s generally me in general as I’ve always been like that.

I did feel off balance again certain times where now it’s all the time and most symptoms are constant now where as before HRT wasn’t.
Palpitations are back .. and first month I had none on HRT

Just thinking do I need hrt as I’m getting no benefit from it and my periods are still coming when they feel like although less often as in 3 weeks apart is better than 2 in 3 weeks
I’m just not sure what to do

I spoke to old work colleague today and she said I seem worse on HRT than without it .. I was working without it & did have time off sick but that was because of headaches when they came after covid vaccine  ( bad ones ) and also I had my first aniexty attack about 2 weeks before hrt started which I remember came on after I got so hot and panicked 😱 & next day I had a period

So all things aside nothing for me on HRT as really changed apart from aniexty I get all the time & this lightheadedness is constant ( could be aniexty ) it’s just more frequent than it ever was
Maybe my hormones are still strong under all this who knows
I’m confused
Do I take patch off after next bleed and then see what’s what
How long does it take for the patches to get out our systems

Sorry for rambling this is my release

« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 02:43:37 PM by Michelle7474 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Thinking of coming off HRT
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 03:20:01 PM »

I think I was answering you elsewhere  :-\ ?

Michelle7474

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 02:46:38 PM »

You was lol
I have added to this post now .. just don’t know what to go .. :(

Letmein

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 11:25:24 AM »

I responded in your other thread too but I just wanted to say that I strongly believe that in rare cases, it's actually the surges and drops in oestrogen that is causing all the symptoms and hrt actually makes things worse.

I tried her 4 times, twice in peri, twice whilst in the full menopause and it was a disaster each time. The first and last were the longest and symptoms only got worse with time.

I think I'm the only person who gets hot flushes after taking oestrogen! I didn't have any before, had them 3 to 4 times day in it, and not one since I've stopped!

I'm still dealing with the effect of oestrogen though and suffer from anxiety and lightheadness/vertigo as I had during the peri stage. I hope this will go away soon. I'll never go on HRT again, it's totally counterproductive in my case.

What makes it most hard is not being able to discuss with anyone because it defies what we know about the menopause and oestrogen, so either professionals are sceptical or they say they can't help.

I just want that all menopause to be over for good!

Michelle7474

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 11:41:45 AM »

I responded in your other thread too but I just wanted to say that I strongly believe that in rare cases, it's actually the surges and drops in oestrogen that is causing all the symptoms and hrt actually makes things worse.

I tried her 4 times, twice in peri, twice whilst in the full menopause and it was a disaster each time. The first and last were the longest and symptoms only got worse with time.

I think I'm the only person who gets hot flushes after taking oestrogen! I didn't have any before, had them 3 to 4 times day in it, and not one since I've stopped!

I'm still dealing with the effect of oestrogen though and suffer from anxiety and lightheadness/vertigo as I had during the peri stage. I hope this will go away soon. I'll never go on HRT again, it's totally counterproductive in my case.

What makes it most hard is not being able to discuss with anyone because it defies what we know about the menopause and oestrogen, so either professionals are sceptical or they say they can't help.

I just want that all menopause to be over for good!

Letmein
I also just replied to you on my other post lol

I agree with you and can’t wait for it all to be over.
And I’m beginning to realise now that this is all hormonal & nothing is seriously wrong with me the aniexty as I see it before HRT was far less than when I was on it and that could be too much hormones in my body ( I presume )
& I’m now hoping it goes away completely lol I know I’m dreaming , or at least be the same as it was before which was just rarely.

I never had flushes so much like most people get it and I can see it rise and the sweat pouring off them ..mine was more I had the heat .. so my chest would be hot constantly & my neck and face .. but my face would stay hot for what seemed the whole day .. hot cheeks
Since HRT I still get the same feeling of hotness but it’s like I get the normal hot flush everyone but through my feet they get so sweaty and clammy I could slide along the wooden floor.
but again could be the aniexty but I can handle the sweating if the aniexty went away
That as been the Pitt’s for me

I do hope you feel better aniexty wise in your self soon .. I hate that we all suffer
Do you take anything for it ??
Most GPS don’t know the ins and outs of hormones and menopause
I have learnt a lot more on this site than I ever known and I know we are not suffering alone.
I also realise that we all different and what works for one doesn’t for another.

Xxx