Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet HRT - Your Side Effects?  (Read 988 times)

Ninaanne75

• First Flush
Elleste Duet HRT - Your Side Effects?
« on: July 13, 2021, 05:50:44 PM »

Hi all, I have a question that I hope so wine will try to, as I can't seem to get any comparison from anyone. I have started on HRT, Elleste Duet. It's my 8 th week and it's been brilliant, in the fact it has helped the fatigue, hot flushes and irrational mind and low mood BUT I have tummy bloating. When I eat I feel I have eaten so much more than I have, I have less appetite (some would say a bonus) and just tummy discomfort. Has anyone else had this while taking this HRT or any. Also I am having periods again after 5 months without, it's ok but I'm tender for a couple of weeks out of 4, in the lower belly area, almost like I can feel my tubes and ovaries.....I don't want to stop it as not having flushes is great and a game changer but my tummy is uncomfortable. Can anyone share their experiences of it ❤️

Lamplighter

Re: Elleste Duet HRT - Your Side Effects?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 09:45:16 PM »

Hi Ninaanne75, I was taking Elleste Duet Conti for three months earlier this year and found that it did indeed cause bloating. 

I have to say it was definitely the Elleste causing this, as I trialled quite a few types of HRT over a period of two years before finding the one that now suits me, and it was only on the Elleste Duet that I experienced the bloating.

Usually the advice is to give HRT three months to stabilize and the side effects to level out, so perhaps you could persevere another 4 weeks and see if it hasn't settled down by then, before deciding whether to change to another type or not?

LL xxx

Ninaanne75

• First Flush
Re: Elleste Duet HRT - Your Side Effects?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 12:43:02 PM »

Ah ok, thank you so much for responding. Yes, I'm going into my 3rd month. I am also experiencing pain in my right breast. Not sure but a dull ache, burn or just discomfort. I have a slight lumping so off for a mammogram on Wednesday. Being Peri, seems to make my brain work overtime regarding negativity when it wants, so I keep telling myself it could be bad. I know breast pain is common but until I'm told it's nothing to worry about, I can't seem to believe it isn't. I think over past year I have had so many symptoms and felt that bad, with this and that, I have started to feel it can possibly be the change, it must be something more.  Silly isn't it. Thank you again for your reply xxx