Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Can Utrogestan make you feel low/depressed?  (Read 1123 times)

Gilla999

Can Utrogestan make you feel low/depressed?
« on: July 13, 2021, 03:59:38 PM »

This is my first proper attempt at taking Utro - last month I only managed 7 days of 100mg vaginally and then stopped when I had a surprise period.

Because I'm conscious that I've put a lot of estrogen into my system in the last six months (after experimenting with contraceptive pills and then moving straight onto Lenzetto) I'm determined to give the Utro a proper go this month on day 14, and so last night was my second night of 200mg vaginally. I am feeling super, super low and depressed - like the world is ending - which is really not like me. Also tired although not as bad / in the same way as when I tried it orally a couple of times last year when I couldn't even function! It's more just the massively depressed mood... is this normal for Utro? Xx

Michelle7474

Re: Can Utrogestan make you feel low/depressed?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 05:19:31 PM »

I don’t know much about this, but I’ve been prescribed the same and was advised to take on an evening ..
I start mine this week with everol 50 patch
I’m hoping I don’t get any side effects as I’m away on holiday
Hope you get answers that you need

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 05:34:10 PM »

Thanks Michelle, good luck with yours too. I'm actually wondering if it's the tiredness that is making me feel so low - it's like a weight in my chest, totally flat. And to put it into context, a week ago I was fine  ;D

Perhaps I'll try dropping it to 100mg and see if it improves. Good luck xx

EllaAurora

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 06:12:03 PM »

Hi Gilla,
I think based on the discussions here, quite many women feel this effect with Utro.

Personally I've felt a strong sedative effect and even appreciated it at times when its been difficult to sleep. It's very potent, and for that reason I'm also wondering if I could move to vaginal dosing, to avoid the excess drowsiness during daytime. Will discuss with gynae next time.

I can't really say if it has had an impact on the mood -my mood has been on such a rollercoaster lately that its really difficult to say what causes what  :o

Hope the 100mg works for you better and let us know how you get on!
xx

Gilla999

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 10:40:19 AM »

Thanks for the kind words Ella! I dropped from (vaginally) 200mg to 100mg last night and I already feel much better today so it was definitely the Utrogestan - it was an awful low/depressed feeling!

I am so much better on HRT than off it, but it is so frustrating/tedious that it takes so long to find what works for you - it's all a bit "pot luck" isn't it!