Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopause and Work life  (Read 886 times)

Nas

Menopause and Work life
« on: July 13, 2021, 02:07:44 PM »

Hi,
I was just wondering whether your menopause symptoms impact on your work life?

I am almost three years post menopausal.
The last 8 months, I have had no end of bother with bleeding whilst on the HRT patch (the bleeds have been investigated and nothing untoward found)

Sunday night, I was plagued with hot and cold sweats, bladder irritation and feeling sick (is what happens just before a bleed!)

I felt grim, called in sick and was then asked to do a PCR test due to fever being one of my 'symptoms' which I knew was meno linked.

So, took PCR, negative and back to work tomorrow.

I am plagued with period pain now, as a bleed is imminent. Currently waiting to discuss hysterectomy and also seeing MS next week to discuss alternative progesterone to control the bleeds (until I can have a hysterectomy).

I feel the menopause has taken over my life right now and still my symtoms are not totally under control..

How do others manage with work and symptoms etc???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause and Work life
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 08:25:21 PM »

There is a thread about stopping work due to peri symptoms.

Hysterectomy is a huge operation and not 1 to be taken lightly.  For period pains I took 'feminax' - the idea being to take the tablet/s 2 days B4 a period was expected.  I was usually 32 days cycle and the drug certainly eased the pains.

For the bladder irritation I would ask for vaginal atrophy treatment.  It may well ease symptoms when used regularly.  When my bladder is irritated I take 2 nurofen tablets 3 times a day for at least 2 days.

Nas

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 08:59:43 PM »

Thankyou CLKD.
I already use vagifem and Ovestin for bladder irritation.

The period pains are due to insufficient progesterone. I’m three years post menopausal so shouldn’t even be bleeding on Hrt??

mchaplin

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 12:34:53 PM »

I feel for you. I now get terrible pain for about a week before my period even starts, then my period is here on and off for another week. Its taking over my life.

Grheliz1

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 01:14:01 PM »

I switched to a Mirena coil because I was bleeding on continuous HRT and Utrogestan just didn't seem to work for me. Could you try this and perhaps gel instead of patches so you can control the dosage?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 03:14:19 PM »

Feminax tablets worked 4 me.  Taken 2 days prior to an expected period ......... my pains were debilitating  :'(