Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel vs estrodiol  (Read 922 times)

Crossfitmum

• First Flush
Oestrogel vs estrodiol
« on: July 09, 2021, 09:45:02 PM »

Hi everyone
I’m relatively new here…..
I need some help understanding the doses I’m currently taking oestrogel 4 pumps a day and utrogestan 200mg on days 15-26
My peri symptoms of severe joint pain are really bad even on the four pumps so have been changed to estrodiol patches 25mg twice weekly in the hope that this will up the estrogen intake, is there a better uptake through the patches because as far as I can see this is half of what I’m currently on and not more!
Help please it’s making me feel slightly desperate, it’s so hard to grasp
Thanks in advance  :)

Tinkerbell

Re: Oestrogel vs estrodiol
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 09:58:22 PM »

I didn't get on with patches, i seem to absorb the gel better but i have read of others who are opposite so i guess it is worth a try. Have to say i am a bit confused with your dose. My patch was a 75 one and i needed 3 pumps of Oestrogel.

Crossfitmum

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 10:09:14 PM »

Thanks for the reply Tinkerbell, that’s what I thought as well, the dose seems off!

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 06:38:24 AM »

Hi if you were on 4 pumps of Oestrogel then you would need a 100 patch. Did your doctor mean to add the 25 patch to the Oestrogel?

Crossfitmum

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 08:39:47 AM »

Hi, thanks!

No without any doubt stop the gel, I thought it seemed off but she said the absorption rate would be way different.

Not sure what to do now…..

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 09:02:29 AM »

Hi Crossfitmum How long have you been on 4 pumps of Oestrogel ? x

Crossfitmum

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 08:00:26 PM »

I’ve been using 4 pumps for about 3-3.5 months now, given it a good try, I got relief from my joint pain when I initially went from 3 to 4 pumps but it’s very temporary. I feel like I have a clear head for a about an hour each day soon after application but then it wears off.
Thanks for the replies

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 08:29:05 AM »

Hi Crossfitmum

Yes your doc is right that you absorb differently from the different methods so you my not be absorbing the gel but theoretically as Dotty and Tinkerbell says, 4 pumps is classed as a high dose so equivalent would be 100 mcg patch. 0.25 mcg is a low dose. If you are not absorbing the gel then I wouldn't start with 100 mcg but get 75 mcg and then cut down initially to around 50 or a bit more for a few weeks and see how you feel.

In any case if your symptoms are joint pain only - this may not be due to insufficient oestrogen and I presume you have had other causes investigated? The primary indicators of whether the dose is sufficient are hot flushes and sweats, as well as mood (oestrogen = feel good hormone!), and a myriad of other symptoms too, palpitations, joint pain etc but some of these are more subtle and less easy to determine in terms of oestrogen I would say?

Also to say that estradiol is the type of oestrogen and this is the same in the gel and the patch.

All the best :)

Hurdity x