Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Worsening menopause symptoms on Utrogestan  (Read 872 times)

Buttons8

• First Flush
Worsening menopause symptoms on Utrogestan
« on: July 03, 2021, 04:53:54 AM »

Hi, is anyone using vaginal Utrogestan 100mg twice weekly with pelvic scans? How often are you having scans?  I am intolerant of Utrogestan after  3 consecutive days on it all my menopausal symptoms which occur at night  return and my sleep is disturbed.  It’s the same taking oral 200mg or vaginal 100mg.  I even increased my Estrodot from 125 to 150 as oestrogen levels fall on Utrogestan, but no relief.  Read someone was taking Utrogestan twice weekly? Is anyone able to tell me anymore about this? Thanks

Gilla999

Re: Worsening menopause symptoms on Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 06:17:06 AM »

Following closely, because I experience exactly the same thing. I thought I was the only one! My menopause symptoms (disturbed sleep and night sweats) return when I take Utrogestan, regardless of how I take it.

My menopause symptoms pre HRT were also only present on days 14-28 when Prog is naturally rising, so I suspect it's down to some kind of Prog intolerance. The next option I'm thinking of trying is compounded bio-identical Prog but I suspect it's going to be the same thing.

Orangefoot

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 12:27:57 PM »

I can't take Utrogestan, it brings rage and despair. I now have a Jaydess IUS which is a very low progesterone compared to Mirena and that's been fine. No rage, no despair and very little bleeding now too.

ELM2712

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 01:03:12 PM »

Buttons8 .. there is a good article by Prof John Eden on Prometrium, which is exactly the same as UK Utrogestan. If you google WHRIA.com.au then search Prometrium: natural progesterone capsules you should find it easily.

Have you considered a Mirena coil?

I have to start the progesterone side of things too and I’m nervous about it. I thought about taking it during the day rather than night just in case it affects my sleep. Do you take it night or daytime.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 01:49:36 PM »

Perhaps try provera, mirena or jaydess instead of utro. Have a look at option under the Treatments tab.