Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Feel very low  (Read 1055 times)

Moonshine54

Feel very low
« on: June 19, 2021, 09:05:01 PM »

I am feeling so low . I had the coil put in four  months ago . I am also on three  pumps of gel. I had a terrible time with utrogestin before this.  However i dont feel like this all the time and it has a pattern  to it. Around ovulation and before period.  What do i need  to do here ? Is it the coil...do i need it removed or do i give it a bit longer. Do i just increase gel.  :'(  please  can you share your experiences  xx moon xx

Shannonplussed

Re: Feel very low
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 09:59:13 PM »

I vote for less gel.

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 11:35:56 PM »

Hi moonshine 54 ! Sorry you're feeling so low ,it's hard this menopause malarkey. Just know that you're not alone and lots of ladies on here are going through and have been through a similar thing . It sounds to me like it may be the progesterone in the coil, but I would talk to your Gp about this . A lot of women can get side effects or find it difficult to tolerate progesterone, myself included . 
     But you say it doesn't happen all the time, so maybe it's when your own hormones rise and dip ,because you're still in peri ? You could try increasing the oestrogen and see how you feel . There's a good website called avogel that has information about supplements etc that ay be helpful with mood etc &lots of other information.  I hope this helps ,big hugs xx

Jackiehugs

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 05:46:25 AM »

Hi there
I cannot help with suggestions about coil or gel I’m afraid, as I have no experience of either.

But I can empathise with feeling low. These dreaded hormone imbalances can create such havoc, and are responsible for waves of mood swings and upheaval. Remember, it’s not you, it’s the hormone levels fluctuating that leads to low mood.

I hope you manage to sort it all out quickly and reach a longer term solution, and that you’re feeling better before too long. Hugs x

Moonshine54

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 06:14:09 AM »

Thank you all for taking the time reply. I am very sensitive  to progesterone and was treated  for pmdd . I struggled with utrogestan  but tried to preserve. 
I have tolerated the coil in the past and was hoping it would  settle down.. If this continues  i may have to have it removed . But i am running out of options for the progesterone side of HRT.  I agree ihasaapso i think i am still peri and this is causing  fluctuations a d making it hard to balance  my hormones.  Thank you so much for the website.  I will have a look.. Its not easy struggling with these hormones xxx  😘😘😘

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 09:12:26 AM »

Have you tried provera? It seems to suit some people who have a hard time with utro.

Moonshine54

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 04:31:02 PM »

Hi sheila
I havent tried provera but will ask about it thank you for the advice. Xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 06:57:15 PM »

I feel low due to depressive illness.  Although most days I am fine, my dreams remain depressed.  Also with clinical depression I can wake feeling low if there's something out of routine.  Organic depression is controlled in the main by medication which is reviewed annually.  My dreams are so busy, involved, long that I wake most mornings wanting more, dreamless sleep.   :-\. To clear my head  ::)

Some do require ADs as well as hormonal treatment.