Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Don’t want to have a bleed anymore  (Read 809 times)

patti

Don’t want to have a bleed anymore
« on: June 16, 2021, 12:12:01 PM »

Morning ladies , looking for any advice you can give please, I started estrogel and utrogestan back in 2018 - initially with utro for 25 days but after 12 months of irregular breakthrough bleeds, decided to drop to just  12 days of utro which then gave me a regular bleed of 5 days with cramps and a couple of days of quite heavy bleeding . I’ve just had my 60th birthday and I don’t want the bleeds anymore-
I don’t want to to give up HRT it works for me on every level except this monthly bleed.
Any suggestions gratefully received 🙂

Taz2

Re: Don’t want to have a bleed anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 02:56:51 PM »

Hi Patti. You can swap to a conti HRT which shouldn't give a monthly bleed as you will use progesterone continuously. Some women do get breakthrough bleeding for the first six months but that's considered normal. Also, continuous progesterone can cause mood problems for some women who prefer to remain on sequi HRT. I can't remember the utrogestan dose for conti but I'm sure someone will be along soon with more knowledge. Hope you get it sorted.

Taz x

patti

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 03:19:37 PM »

Hi Avalon, excuse my ignorance- but what is proverb and can I use it with Estrogel? X

patti

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 03:20:43 PM »

provera - sorry no glasses  😅

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 06:31:38 PM »

Don't you just predictive text  ;D. It's a form of progesterone. Have a look at the Treatments tab for others. At 60 it's very likely you're meno so you will probably be OK on a to conti regime. If you have trouble with bleeding beyond 6 months (& a scan shows no cause for it) a mirena is likely to sort it out.