Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: AstraZeneca and night sweats  (Read 7036 times)

sheila99

Re: AstraZeneca and night sweats
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2021, 10:13:50 PM »

I had a return of symptoms after my first AZ jab not hot flushes though but they weren't a problem for me pre hrt. It lasted about a month. Just had my second one today so I'm waiting to see if it happens again.

Millykin

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2021, 09:20:34 AM »

This is strange!
I had been on top of my symptoms for past 2 yrs but I had my second vaccine Pfizer 4 weeks ago and hot flushes, anxiety, feeling unwell, tearing all came back with a vengeance. I restarted HRT this week I felt so bad. Wonder if there is anything in it?

Denise Didi

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 10:34:41 AM »

I just had my 2nd AZ and felt waves of heat for a few days. Feel hot and sweaty after walk too but not sure its AZ related.

sheila99

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2021, 12:53:24 PM »

2nd AZ jab yesterday. Return of joint pain today and my version of hot flushes which only happen after a hot drink etc. No sign of anxiety and insomnia yet.

AH10

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 01:13:37 PM »

Hi this is really interesting. I’ve had both AZ vaccines and use evorel conti, night sweats have returned and body temperature all over the place during day as well. I never for a moment considered it could be related to the vaccine.  Thank you for posting and all comments as very helpful.

jackelburger

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2021, 07:42:36 AM »

I'm not on HRT (53 years old and last period 6 months ago) and have been experiencing night sweats on and off for years but generally not too bad.   I had my 1st AZ jab in March and have had terrible sweats since then.  Worse than I've experienced before.  Also my anxiety has been terrible since the jab but not sure if this is just because I'm looking for symptoms.  I also developed a twitchy eyelid the side of the jab about 1 hour after having it although that is now settling but also what felt like a numb side of face and neural buzzing in my arm (again side of jab).   These settled after the 1st one and I had my 2nd 10 days ago and the buzzing and neural pain seems to have come back (and the sweats are still there).   I'm hoping it will settle down.   It's hard to know what is just normal menopausal symptoms or whether it's been caused/exacerbated by the jab. 

sheila99

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2021, 11:21:37 AM »

My meno symptoms lasted about a month following the first jab. You're at a stage in your life when you could reasonably expect symptoms to get worse anyway so IMO more likely to be that rather than the jab. I would have expected them to settled by now if it was jab related.

Dierdre

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2021, 05:51:32 AM »

Had my 2nd AZ jab 2 weeks ago and started with night sweats again, this happened with the  1st jab also.. Never had night sweats during peri menopause and only a few in post but nothing for years. This drug definately as an effect on hormones.

Pippa52

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2021, 03:16:07 PM »

I had my second Pfizer jab at the end of April and a week later got really scary very fast heart beat, panic attacks. huge anxiety, insomnia and cold sweats, fatigue, painful muscles and joints.  I had a mild reaction on the first jab but the effects from the second jab lasted 12 weeks and I am still not right.  I have absolutely no doubt it was the jab that caused it all.

sweettooth

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2021, 09:05:35 PM »

Hi pippa, Re your vaccine and side effects, how are you now please? as I too have had these and it has been awful 5 months on, still some there? Would love to hear how u you are getting on? Thanks x

sweettooth

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2021, 10:02:03 AM »

Sorry ladies to post again but please can someone reply to me Tk you!

I am so struggling.  I had a horrendous time a year ago and was finally sorted on my little Estrogen tablet it was heaven.  Then I got my Pfizer jab in March and it has been truly hell.

I have had my tablet increased and it has helped a bit but still everyday a struggle.  Just wanted to hear a little reassurance that this will subside❤️

Please I would so appreciate your replies xx

Mars62

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2021, 11:08:53 AM »

Sweettooth
I had my second vaccine AZ in June a few weeks after the jab my menopause symptoms returned. I’m on Femeston conti and had been symptom free for a good few years.
I’ve had sweats, low mood, bladder issues and anxiety just like before I started HRT. Things are improving at last hopefully 🙏 mood ok, sweats gone and I’ve upped the Vagifem,still a bit of morning anxiety but once I’m up and dressed it’s much better.
I remained on Femeston as didn’t want to start trying other things because it’s the only one I tried that worked for me. It’s taken me about 3 months from the return of symptoms to start feeling reasonably ok again, it’s been a slow process but I’m getting there. I do believe it was the vaccine that caused it and my GP agreed it could well have been but they can’t say for sure.
I will not be getting the booster in case it happens again.
Hopefully things will calm down for you as it’s horrible to have returning symptoms after being fine beforehand.

sweettooth

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2021, 11:21:02 AM »

Thanks you Mars for your kind reply!  I’m so pleased to hear that you are improving, it must be such a relief.

I’m 5 months on since mine and my Estrogen tablet has been increased which seemed to help for a while but stops.  The night time sweats and palps have eased but the morning anx and adrenaline are there and now some v low moods crying etc.

I have my apt in 2 weeks time again.  So confused and just don’t know what else can be done?

My Meno all returned within days of the vaccine so it has to be that.

It’s awful isn’t it?  Xxxx

Emm225

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2021, 06:38:16 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58573593
Seems BBC have picked up on it, although not necessarily on women and return/increase of menopause symptoms...

sheila99

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2021, 06:41:58 PM »

5 months seems a very long time to be suffering from vaccine side effects. What dose oestrogen are you on and where are you in your meno journey? My AZ side effects lasted a month, have you found anything that says Pfizer can last 5 months? It could just be coincidence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5