Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Taking supplements with hrt  (Read 3670 times)

A longhurst

• First Flush
Taking supplements with hrt
« on: May 23, 2021, 05:31:19 AM »

Hello, I am new to this so I hope I am posting in the right place  ::) I have just changed from evorel sequi to everol conti patches I am 52.  I am very irritable and wondered it taking menopace with hrt is something that anyone else has found helpful?

Thank you Andrea

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Taking supplements with hrt
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 08:39:16 AM »

Morning.  There is an 'alternative' room so you may find info there.

MayB look at your overall diet, exercise regime, life-style?  Also your age and when your last period was. 

I would give the HReplacementT a chance: may take 3-4 months for the body to settle : B4 adding anything or how will you know which product is helping?

:welcomemm:

mandss

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 08:44:55 AM »

I do take menopace and have done for years , along side HRT and on their own. I have started taking evening primrose oil for the last few months. I do not know if it works but I feel like it is doing me some good x

laszla

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 04:30:45 PM »

I'm still on sequi and am progesterone intolerant (high anxiety) and unfortunately for the first few months of my Estrogel/Utrogetan routine I took very seriously the warnings I'd read here and there about not taking St John's Wort or Agnus Castus when taking HRT. Depression and anxiety skyrocketed, I first reintegrated SJW which kept depression under control and then agnus castus which makes my PMS-y Utrogestan week far more bearable.

Borage/Evening primrose did nothing for me but are helpful for many. Otherwise the usual suspects for mood (among many other things) are B vitamins and magnesium which I would take anyway regardless of HRT regime.
Plus exercise and meditation really do help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 05:12:42 PM »

Bounce for new member