Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sandrena Maximum Dose  (Read 1944 times)

Fisicoll

Sandrena Maximum Dose
« on: May 17, 2021, 01:46:23 PM »

I wonder if anyone can help me. I currently take 2mg of Sandrena Gel daily and ustrogen vaginally for 15 days of my cycle. I am still experiencing very low mood around the week before my period is due , I'm snappy and sensitive just like pmt really . Would an increase of Sandrena Gel around this time when I feel that I'm particularly struggling help ease those symptoms or am I already on the maximum dose. I'm 49 and peri.

Fisicoll

Re: Sandrena Maximum Dose
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 12:11:34 PM »

Anyone? I don’t think the 2mg Sandrena is working when my period is due

jocrow

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 09:19:59 PM »

Hello Fisicoll :-) I did a bit of research on PMS / PMT whilst on HRT, and I found a suggestion to try taking high strength Vitamin B complex tablets, rather than adjusting HRT. I started taking Vit B complex back in December and I've only had one noticeable occasion of PMS since then. I take Solgar "B Complex 100" which I get on eBay, 90 tabs per bottle.  I'm currently on 1mg Sandrena + Utrogestan cyclical. I'm 47 & peri. I hope this helps. x

ps. here's a link on how Vitamin B helps with cycles.
https://theperiodvitamin.com/vitamin-b6-pms.html
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 09:23:11 PM by jocrow »

Floo36

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 07:30:12 AM »

Some ladies in peri do take more Estrogen at certain times of the month so you could try it and see if it helps.

Fisicoll

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 08:32:56 AM »

Thank you for your replies. I’m already taking the vitamin b6 but will look at the complex b to see if that might help. I’m so worried about taking too much estrogen and tipping the balance I have around the good times in the month but this month has been dreadful in terms of PMS and the period still hasn’t arrived yet!

Fisicoll

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 07:48:38 PM »

Thank you for the link it’s really helped me understand more about the B vitamins I may be lacking in . I think the b6 is helping a little bit these extra ones may be missing. Will order now and see if they help .

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 09:28:14 PM »

It could be the utrogeston causing it. I get fatigue on it and it felt as though I needed more oestrogen. It didn't work for me but perhaps it will for you.

Fisicoll

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 07:48:17 AM »

I do have ustrogen intolerance and take it vaginally to try and avoid that☺️ Did you find a solution?

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 02:48:46 PM »

I've found an improvement but not a cure.  I'm late peri now and on the cycles I don't ovulate I'm OK til day 8 and then I only get mild symptoms. When I ovulate I'm wiped out. So maybe if you wait a few years... :( For me I think it's just too much progesterone. It doesn't help you now but it does seem to get easier when you don't have the roller-coaster of your own hormones to deal with.