Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen dose  (Read 850 times)

SAX74

• First Flush
Oestrogen dose
« on: May 14, 2021, 11:48:59 AM »

Hi ladies
I’ve been on Evorel 50 patches since January and have a mirena for my progesterone. I have been getting really bad headaches, sore joints, sore breasts, fuzzy head, anxiety etc for several months but just put up with it as I thought things would settle down after the 3 month mark. It has now been 4 months and it is getting me down. The only thing that it has helped is my flushes and I’m sleeping better.

Does anyone know if these symptoms sound like I need to increase my dosage, or decrease it?

My only concern is if I decrease it to Evorel 25, is this sufficient to protect my bones as I’m only 47.

Many thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogen dose
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 01:57:57 PM »

Hi! no one has answered your queries, sorry  :-\

A lack of oestrogen can cause the body to become dry: inside and out, as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  You may need to fiddle with the Evorel 25 - have you put the name into the search box on the Forum to C what pops up?

A good diet.  Good hydration.  Regular brisk walking exercise also helps bones. 

SAX74

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 02:30:18 PM »

Thank you CLKD.

I will cut the patch in half to see if that makes a difference. I think I’m just worried the symptoms will get worse if I’m getting less oestrogen.

I walk the dog regularly and try to watch what I eat (most of the time 😂) so I wouldn’t say I had an unhealthy lifestyle. Hopefully this will help in the long run.

Thanks again x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 02:44:55 PM »

MayB experiment?  Half a patch twice a week.  Make notes ;-)

We have a 'dog breeds' thread too  ;D

KatyB

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 06:01:01 PM »

Hi Sax 74 - I would say that if hot flushes return it would be a sign that you are getting less oestrogen than you need. Unfortunately there is quite a bit of trial and error, and its tough going through it, but once you learn your own symptoms of too much / too little it does help. But generally the hot flushes tend to response first to HRT / oestrogen, and other symptoms take longer or need higher dose to sort in my experience....

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 07:10:51 AM »

Hi Sax74,

have all those symptoms started when you began to take the HRT? I know my brain fog and anxiety improved on HRT , but my aches and pains seemed to have got worse. But when I was on a different HRT which was stronger my aches vanished over night, but unfortunately the progesterone part did not agree with me. So adjusting the dosage seems to be the way to go and if that does not work ( you should give each dosage change  at least 3 months) then you could try changing the route- to a gel or spray. If you are still in peri your hormeones will be going up and down in the background. I hope you get some relief soon.

Peppermintyx

SAX74

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2021, 07:41:01 PM »

KatyB - thank you for your suggestions.

Pepperminty - I had a lot of menopausal symptoms when I restarted HRT again after 14 months in January. The flushes and sleep issues improved straight away, but the sore breasts and joint pain only recently appeared and I wasn’t sure if I needed to increase or decrease my oestrogen dose.

Last weekend I decided to cut my Evorel 50 patch in half and things seem to be slightly improving so I’m hoping this will get better in the next few weeks.

I hadn’t had a period for 11 months when I went back on HRT so thought I was finally post menopausal, however I have been getting a very light spotting for a few days each month with the patches so presume this is just the lining shedding rather than a period. Do you think that’s correct?
Thanks x