Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Update on suspected VA  (Read 994 times)

SaraC2773

Update on suspected VA
« on: May 10, 2021, 04:05:23 PM »

So I thought I would update as you were very kind in pointing me in the right direction from my last post.

I spoke to the GP today who asked me to go along for an examination and she commented that I was very "dry" and she suspects it is VA from the menopause.

She did say you are perfect age for it although from what I'd described she felt as if I'd been suffering for many years,  she also commented that I have a slight prolapse,   she called it something that I can't remember but it ended in "cele" she said the bowel is pushing in to the vagina and the bladder has dropped slightly.  No wonder everything is so blooming uncomfortable!

She also took swabs but said she doesn't think anything else is going on but just to be certain.

Then we had a chat and she offered two treatments she said I could use the lubricants or the Oestrogen.  I asked her what she would recommend and she said the Oestrogen pessaries as it won't get any better with the lubricants it will just ease the discomfort but the Oestrogen should help and once I've used daily for two weeks I can revert to twice weekly.

I asked about the pink discharge and she said just let them know if I have any "overt bleeding" but she thinks it's caused by the dryness and soreness.

So that was that and I pick up prescription tomorrow!  I did go today but they didn't have it so have to order in.

Thanks everyone,  feel better now I've been examined and hopefully will be on the right track now!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Update on suspected VA
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 08:02:19 PM »

'oestrogen' is inserted via a plastic applicator in a measured amount.  Suits me down to the ground  ;)

Do U feel supported?  It's bad that the product was available  :o  >:( - it should be such a common prescription that the Pharmacy should have it in stock! 

Could she have said a 'cystosele'?  MayB an appt. with a womens' physio once you get the VA under control?  It may take 3-4 weeks B4 you feel really comfy.  I take 'nurofen' if the need2P is bothersome.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 08:10:19 PM »

She would have said rectocele if it's the bowel. If it's the bladder then it's cystocele. I think if you have pessaries then it will be Vagifem. I am on this treatment, along with full HRT, and it makes my prolapses much more comfortable. I am also very " wow it's dry - extremely poor down here" to quote my doc too and that's with being on HRT for the past fourteen years  ;D

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 08:23:47 PM »

:thankyou:

SaraC2773

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 05:26:46 PM »

Thank you

Yes it was a retrocele but she also said bladder has dropped a bit as well so hopefully it doesn't come down any further.

I do feel supported CLKD she was a lovely Dr.  Unfortunately,  she was just filling in at our surgery due to increased workload so not sure I'll see her again, which is a shame as she actually made me feel listened too and gave me options which is nice.  Most of the GP's don't want to see you and just want to throw prescriptions at you!

That's a good idea about the womens physio as I've also had on off coccyx pain for the last couple of years and me falling down the stairs a few weeks ago and landing on it really hasn't helped.  I could probably benefit from seeing a physio for more than one reason.

Taz it is Vagifem I just checked and sorry but your comment did make me laugh!  I was saying to my friend the other day "I'm  drier than the Sahara!"  Honestly,  the joys of this time of life!

Hopefully things will start to feel more comfortable over the course of the next few weeks.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 07:23:00 PM »

OUCH!  I injured my coccyx when I was 11 and had to sit on a thick cushion for months!

SaraC2773

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 06:07:29 AM »

Yes I have one of those cushions. It’s been a godsend   :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 08:16:27 AM »

Such as squatting Minusminnie?  Rather than on a bed for the convenience of the medics at the other end  ::)