Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: estradot patch  (Read 922 times)

Sammiejane

estradot patch
« on: May 08, 2021, 02:11:19 PM »

hi ladies

where is best to apply the patch abdomen or bum cheek

leaflet says abdomen

i have briefly tried everol 75 patch on bottom but crinkles and feel like i’m wearing paper on my bum haha so thinking of trying estradot instead

Kelrob12

Re: estradot patch
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 02:37:22 PM »

Hi
I put mine on my bum🤷‍♀️. I know what you mean about evorel, I don’t like it for the same reason. The estradot doesn’t crinkle like that on me.
Kellyx

Denise Didi

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 07:06:43 PM »

Alternate bum cheeks :)

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 01:14:57 PM »

hi kelly.louise

i replied to you in another thread of yours as i’m same age as u and no ovaries currently using gel but i’m not obsorbing well and increasing dose makes me feel awful . you mention your levels have you tried the estradot patch on the abdomen and may get better obsorbtion there and wouldn’t need more estrogen if your already on 100 patch .

can i ask how you have found your hair on this patch any shedding , also do you get any bloating weight gain from it i’m trying to avoid these factors as have bowel condition also so need to limit bloating etc
thank u

Emm225

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 03:14:17 PM »

I thought you were meant to put it on the abdomen in the leaflet I read? Using different places each time?

Emm225

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 03:18:14 PM »

sammiejane...just seen your question re hair and bloating...I  thought my hjair went thin at first but think it's calmed down now although took a while...I also took supplements to try to help with hair loss.  I got bloating at first but tbh I think it has calmed down...although am not quite as slim as I was I would rather the feel the way I do now than be slim and super anxious etc...which was the way I felt before...and probably why I was so slim

Kelrob12

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 03:32:38 PM »

hi kelly.louise

i replied to you in another thread of yours as i’m same age as u and no ovaries currently using gel but i’m not obsorbing well and increasing dose makes me feel awful . you mention your levels have you tried the estradot patch on the abdomen and may get better obsorbtion there and wouldn’t need more estrogen if your already on 100 patch .

can i ask how you have found your hair on this patch any shedding , also do you get any bloating weight gain from it i’m trying to avoid these factors as have bowel condition also so need to limit bloating etc
thank u
Hi Sammiejane,

Its nice to have someone to relate too- hi! No Ive never tried it - I will Ill try anything to feel better! 😂
 My hair has always bee thin since the kids and never got back to being ok. I haven't felt its been any worse, but hoped it may have got better! But tbh its that thin I never wear it down and maybe that is because of the estrogen or patch.
No weight gain or bloating - possible constipation but again Im prone to it so its hard to know if its the estrogen or even the progesterone . I have to drink loads of water and lots of fibre or I don't go. And Ive had fissures in the past so get anxious if I don't go every day(which doesn't help anything I know!) Ive tried evorel, estraderm too and never felt any different really as far as absorption. Haven't tried the gel but not sure Id get a consistent application and Im super sensitive to changes in hormones. x