Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Keeping patches in place for duration what worked for me  (Read 760 times)

bluebird68

Keeping patches in place for duration what worked for me
« on: May 03, 2021, 06:54:06 AM »

Hi, I don't need help for a change. Just wanted to share. I started femseven conti patches. The patches don't stick for the duration, get stuck on clothes etc. I started using a surgical plaster called softpore 6 X 7 cm. You can bath in these and the plaster stays on and correct size. The down side is cost. Hope this is helpful.

Julia Dizzy

Re: Keeping patches in place for duration what worked for me
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 12:36:44 PM »

Thanks for that Bluebird, no, they don't stick very well and feel quite weird compared to Estradot - and I used a big non allergenic plaster last week to cover my peeling patch!

When I first tried them for 2 weeks (when they came back in stock) on my hips, they left red marks which then lasted weeks, so I stopped them and went back to Estradot 50 and Utrogestan 100mg orally daily. (But I'm sure the Utro has never really suited my bowels as I always used to get strange twinges in the lower right tummy over the last year.)

I have decided to give the Femseven another try, as no HRT at all makes my hot flushes come back (at age 64 will they ever go away??). I tried sticking one on my tummy below the waist and that doesn't seem to go red (hubby says cos its so big ;D). Where do you put yours?

Be interested to see how others have got on with the Femseven conti too eg side effects or feeling great??