Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: existing antidpressants will hrt help?  (Read 2255 times)

karen3006

Re: existing antidpressants will hrt help?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 10:13:50 AM »

Yeah I know what you mean about the Ad’s stopping working. I just seem to be in a muddle. Are the Ad’s making me feel
Like this or is it the menopause? I’m very open to taking things that will help in anyway but it just the time it takes to see if it will actually work x

karen3006

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2021, 10:41:05 AM »

Yeah, I was hoping that the Ad’s would do the trick and having to change them was a bit scary and then wondering if they will work etc. I’m not anxious about anything I just feel anxious! The bad days are definitely taking over the good at the moment. I’m very open to taking new things of they will help, it’s just the waiting to see if they will work, I’m not the most patient person in the world  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2021, 11:25:15 AM »

I want to feel better yesterday  >:(  :-X

sheila99

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 01:05:37 PM »

For timescales - my anxiety started to improve after a month. The second month was very much up and down. I didn't see consistent improvement til towards the end of the 3rd month. So you will probably have an indication after 4-6 weeks if you will see any improvement. Do you have other meno symptoms?

karen3006

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2021, 04:35:54 PM »

I’m lucky that I don’t seem to have any other systems, no hot flushes or anything I can think of that’s menopause related.

I seem to have a mind set of if it’s doesn’t work within a week it’s not going to which is unrealistic I suppose

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2021, 05:33:58 PM »

Yep.  Medications isn't like food, sometimes they take a while for the body to benefit. 

karen3006

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 09:52:27 AM »

So, the last few days have been pretty rough! The thoughts of having to deal with this day in day out is very disconcerting. Does anyone have any inspirational stories to give me a bit of ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ I speak to my docs on Wednesday so I haven’t actually started any hrt yet. She’s suggested a mouth spray and a progesterone tablet, thanks in advance 😊🤞

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2021, 12:19:46 PM »

Check that your diet is full of protein, veg. etc.;  what would the mouth spray be that she is suggesting?  I have used 'bach' rescue remedy spray with some success as well as relaxation therapy.

When my depression becomes worse I up my medication for 5 days, if that doesn't work: it always does: I go to my GP for advice.  I have an emergnency anti-anxiety pill 'as necessary'. 

HRT can help with anxiety; some require both.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:21:22 PM by CLKD »

karen3006

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2021, 03:27:33 PM »

I think the mouth spray is the estrogen and then a separate tablet for the progesterone.
Do you think that eating well, fruit veg, protein etc really helps?
I changed my Ad’s about 6/7 weeks ago to see if that would help but it hasn’t so far, I upped the dose as well about 3 weeks ago. So I don’t know if the antidepressants are still settling down or if I need that extra help with the hrt or will the hrt make it worse!! Soooo many questions!!!
I’m coming back as a man next time 😆

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 04:19:11 PM »

Of course eating well helps. Low blood sugar can cause anxiety surges when the body is searching for energy boosts.  We are after all, carnivores with a liking for chocolate - whoops - fruits and veg..  ;). Exercise is also good, as it encourages endorphins etc..  We are hunger gatherers who would be on the move for most of the day - well the men would be hunting, the women would as normal, be child-minding, keeping the cave clean etc..  ::)

Let us know how you get on. 

karen3006

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2021, 05:08:05 PM »

Haha, you’re right on all points 😁
My daughter is a health and well-being coach and she said exactly the same thing to me today about the ‘hunting’ thing. She said we are made to move around more and my job is sedentary so I’m def got to up the exercise. I’ll take you advice on the food re the protein and veg, you’re obviously a very wise women 😉 thanks for all the help and I’ll keep hug you on the loop with everything as and when it happen 😊

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2021, 05:47:40 PM »

As a recovering anorexic I have to watch what I eat on an hourly basis. I was very focussed on eating the same thing every day at the same time but am more relaxed since 1998.  When I sorted out my medication to stop anxiety around eating difficulties.

DH has fed me daily since 1975.  I never cook.  I can but he gets a meal together in the time it takes me to find the recipe books  ::).  I have fads; I do like pizza 4 lunch otherwise we eat relatively healthy meals.  Chocolate kept me alive  ;)

karen3006

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2021, 11:18:44 AM »

CLKD, it sounds like you've been through the mill a bit, I like eating but not a fan of cooking :) so I'm going to have to get my finger out and do some healthy cooking for me and my OH who could benefit from it too :)

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2021, 11:23:33 AM »

Yep.  It's a thin line 4 me to be healthy or not eating at all  :'(

DH cooks in bulk, would that be the way 2 go 4 you? 

karen3006

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2021, 12:35:12 PM »

I don’t have much freezer space so it probably wouldn’t work for us. I’m definitely planning a head this week as to what we will eat which is something I don’t usually do. I’m more a ‘fly by the seat of my pants’ kinda gal 😁
Pages: 1 [2] 3