Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cervical Screening Test Disaster ***UPDATE 25th JUNE  (Read 2227 times)

suzysunday

Re: Cervical Screening Test Disaster
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 12:04:42 PM »

I know what you mean about blabbing things out!   My social skills are pretty sure at the best of times!   That woman and the hrt comment left me seething!   I use it for VA and I know anything "natural" does not exist.   I really feel for you, all the best !    X

JoJo42

Re: Cervical Screening Test Disaster
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2021, 07:18:06 PM »

Awww, Thanks suzysunday. I seem to be always blabbing things out. Hehe! I either say next to nothing or blab out my whole life story in one go! My social skills are shocking. I often end up laughing to myself or cringing about things I’ve done or said. I also seem to have a problem with not being able to be the one to leave a conversation if I’m chatting in the street to someone. I just don’t know how to exit!! I saw a meme the other day for this kind of situation on how to leave a conversation where the little person in the cartoon just lay down and rolled away! Haha! I might need to try that!

As for “natural” remedies...in my case I literally tried everything going when I first starting having menopause symptoms in my lates thirties. None of them worked at all for me, so when things got unbearable the only thing left was hrt. I don’t think people who sail through meno can quite understand actually how bad a bad menopause can be. xx

JoJo42

Re: Cervical Screening Test Disaster ***UPDATE 25th JUNE
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2021, 11:16:20 AM »

UPDATE:

Well. Went to the local hospital today to the Colposcopy Clinic to get my smear test done…and…this is basically how it went:

Lovely receptionist made me feel welcome

ME: panic, panic, ramble on anxiously, panic, panic, sweat, waffle *went to sit in the waiting room

Colposcopy Nurse: *called me over. “Hi Joanne. How are you?”

Me: panic, panic, ramble on anxiously, panic, panic, waffle on about a load of rubbish, much hand-wringing and profuse sweating, palpitations

Colposcopy Nurse: “Aww, don’t worry. Come on in. We will take good care of you.”

Colposcopy Nurse 2 in the treatment room: “Hiya Joanne! Come on in. Take a seat. Right so you had some problems with the smear test…Tell me…”

Me: *panic, panic, ramble on anxiously, panic, panic, waffle, much hand-wringing, profuse sweating, basically tell everyone my life story, rabbit on about atrophy, hrt, pain, waffled on about my clothes at one stage…apologising for my pop-socks!! More Blah,blah,blah…

Nurses: *Nod, nod, smile, pour bucket loads of empathy all over me.

Nurse 2: “Awww, Let’s get you sorted…”

Got undressed behind a curtain. Left my long socks on and a long baggy t-shirt. Sat on the most comfortable examination chair/bed in the world…

Nurse 1: *chat, chat, smile, nod, chat

Me: *calming down, chat, chat, waffle

Nurse 2: *prepares small, metal speculum

Me: *deep breath…waits for the pain and the awful sound of the speculum opening

Nurse 1 *chat, chat, smile

Me: chat, chat…still waiting for the pain/awful sound to begin…

Nurse 2: Right okey dokey. All done.

Me: Eh?

Nurse 2: Yep. Done.

Me:WHAT!!? Done? All done?

Nurses: Yep! Done done.

DID. NOT. FEEL. A. SINGLE. THING!!!!! Seriously. First time ever.

I will be going back to that clinic to have it done next time. The examination bed/chair made a massive difference. Not like at the GP surgery when they tell you to let your knees fall open when the couch is right next to a wall and then say make your hands into fists then put them under your bum to lift it slightly…and then try to relax….ridiculous.

If you are referred to the colposcopy clinic because of a difficult smear/failed smear honestly - go and don’t worry. Best experience of a smear test I’ve ever had in my entire life. The nurses told me next time to ask the gp to refer me to the clinic as soon as the reminded comes.

Please go for your smear check-ups. Honestly this has thrown a whole new light on the procedure for me! xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cervical Screening Test Disaster ***UPDATE 25th JUNE
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2021, 11:31:34 AM »

:great:
Pages: 1 [2]