Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Unusual (?) bleeding  (Read 1021 times)

Sallyyy

Unusual (?) bleeding
« on: April 16, 2021, 07:21:01 AM »

Hi everyone. I’m 50 and Ive had a few years of very heavy and frequent flooding but then last year I only had 4 periods and they were quite light (more like just some dark / brown discharge.)
I haven't had a period for 4 or 5 months but last week had some very light spotting after bowel movement for a couple of days. Then nothing for a few days and now same thing again today with more actual bleeding with bowel movement but nothing rest of the time.
Does anyone else recognise this ?
I had a smear a couple of months ago which was ok although they only check for hpv now in my health authority.
Thanks

Nina123

Re: Unusual (?) bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 09:49:18 PM »

Hi Sallyyy, my advice would be speak to your GP about this. I’m 58 and hadn’t clearly gone through menopause as I would still have a period all be it every 2/3 months. However, at Christmas time I had some unusual spotting well for me it was unusual, anyway I spoke to my GP and to cut a long story short I was diagnosed with Complex Hyperplasia with Aytipia, have come out of hospital today after a total hysterectomy, including the removal of my ovaries and tubes on Wednesday.  It’s always best to get any unexplained bleeding checked out. Take care X

Sallyyy

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 10:28:02 PM »

Thank you for replying Nina. I hope you recover quickly.

Sallyyy

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 11:18:35 AM »

Hello again everyone
I’ve now had a slightly more bleeding today (not just with bowel movement) and it’s normal bright red blood. So I wonder if it’s actually just a light period. (I only had 3 periods last year but the longest gap has been 5 months so I haven’t reached the year period free yet.)
It’s so difficult to know what is normal isn’t it  ::)