Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Increasing Oestrogel  (Read 1755 times)

Dougalina

Increasing Oestrogel
« on: April 13, 2021, 02:28:50 PM »

Hi

I have recently increased the amount of oestrogel, and for the last two days have had a headache.  Is this a side effect of the increased dose, or just a coincidence? Has anyone experienced the same?

Thanks

D.

Gnatty

Re: Increasing Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 02:46:07 PM »

A very good question! I increased from three pumps to four a couple of weeks ago and have since had mild almost sinus feeling headaches. But its so difficult - maybe its the vaccine, which I had three weeks ago, maybe its a bit of hayfever, maybe my head is cold from all these nasty winds. Also occasionally I can get a headache with caffeine and I have to back off. I think what I mean is its difficult to pinpoint the cause.

So in answer to your question I am not sure, it could be the extra oestrogen but maybe not? I feel I would like to give it a bit more time before I make any decision re reducing my dose again. It's very tempting to chop and change but then we will never know whether if we had just given it chance to settle everything would have been ok!

How severe is your headache? I would give mine only a two out of ten so its not affecting my life, its just irritating. If yours is much worse then I can see you want a definitive answer sooner rather than later.

Dougalina

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 10:44:07 AM »

Hi gnatty

Thanks for your reply.   :)

My headache I would say is about a 3-4 and comes on in the afternoon ( I apply the gel mid morning).  Yes, the headache is in the sinus area, between eyes and
Forehead.  Strange isn’t it?

I’m also struggling with the dose.  I’ve tried splitting it into morning and afternoon, but after a few days I got terrible vertigo, and I thought I was going to vomit.

I was wondering if I could put the extra gel on my buttock? Then I could do the 5th pump at the same time as the others? I know patch users can use a butt cheek

It’s a bit of a minefield isn't it?

D

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 11:23:57 AM »

I can't recall whether vertigo and dizziness are signs of high or low oestrogen...

It maybe that splitting the dose would be ok you just have to give your body time to get used to it.

Shannonplussed

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 10:30:42 PM »

Headache and nausea are high estrogen symptoms. 5 pumps??

Floo36

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 07:39:43 AM »

I get headache and nauseous vertigo and dizziness from too low Estrogen.

Dougalina

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 08:21:00 AM »

Hi

It's a minefield isn't it? I'm with the Newson  clinic and they advised me to increase to 5 pumps. I wonder if I'm a poor absorber.

I'm currently on 4.5, wanted to increase slowly.

Thanks all ☺️

D.

Lady di

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 09:21:45 AM »

Hello

I find I get a nasty headache if I miss a dose of the oestrogel. I use two pumps in the morning and one at night. I wonder if spreading the dose like this might make a difference?  I’m thinking that we want the level of oestrogen to be fairly stable over 24 hours.

I started the evening dose to help combat night sweats and I no longer wake up super sweaty.

Dougalina

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 09:38:56 AM »

Hi lady di

Thanks for your reply 😊

How do you find applying it at night? I’m worried about transferring it to my partner in bed. What you say makes sense, I might try again.

Floo36

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 10:28:47 AM »

you may not absorb the gel so well or you may need higher levels.  A lot of trial and error

Gnatty

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 09:48:29 AM »

Dougalina, how are you getting on and how is your headache?