Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Worst period pain ever with Utrogestan  (Read 1526 times)

sprocket

• Shoot from the hip!
Worst period pain ever with Utrogestan
« on: April 05, 2021, 08:12:41 PM »

Hi,
I started on Oestrogel last month and finished my 12 days of vaginal Utrogestan and started a period 3 days later.
In 2014 I had an endometrial ablation to help with period pain.
My periods became shorter and lighter and then as peri menopause kicked in my periods became less frequent.
Now that I have started on Utrogestan I cannot believe the pain I am having with my first period on HRT.
Pain wasnt even as bad as this before my ablation.
I desperately need to know whether this is what to expect with the Utrogestan as if it is, I cant go on taking it. I have a feeling I am progesterone intolerant.
This is my first try of HRT post breast cancer 17yrs ago.
I thought my HRT would be the safest and lowest dose possible for me but I do not think I can stand the Utrogestan. I am bloated beyond belief along with this almost unbearable period pain that goes right into my back passage.
Advice please from anyone else in a similar position.
Many thanks,
Sprocket

sprocket

• Shoot from the hip!
Re: Worst period pain ever with Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 06:40:49 AM »

Hi Avalon,
I really need to avoid synthetic Prog due to having had breast cancer before.
I want to look into alternative dosing regimes as I think I am progesterone intolerent. The bloating Ive had had been horrendous and again lastnight I had severe period pains.
The only saving grace is that my bleeding hasnt worsened so its as light as ever.
Thankyou for replying.
Ive emailed my menopause Dr to ask what to do, but I think either less Utrogestan or a shorter regime might be the answer as I just dont think my body tolerates it.

X