Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can too much estrogen cause mood swings?  (Read 1266 times)

Jennijx

Can too much estrogen cause mood swings?
« on: April 03, 2021, 08:34:01 PM »

Hi ladies
Three months ago I was advised to increase my estrogen patches from 100mg to 125mg due to ongoing problems with vaginal atrophy. (I also use vagifem 5 days a week and ovestin nightly). It was also suggested due to my age (37) I may need a.higher dose of estrogen too.
Ever since I have really battled with low mood, irritability and proper anger. I'm really struggling especially with my kids and husband.
From your experience do you think I should give the increased dosage more time to settle or reduce it back down to 100mg?
I would appreciate any advice xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can too much estrogen cause mood swings?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 08:19:44 AM »

Morning.  How were you during your menstruating years?  Did U have mood swings, I certainly did, I could rage for England!

MayB drop the dose ?  It can be Trial and Error to get a balance.  Put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?

Jennijx

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 08:32:52 AM »

Thanks for your reply. I definitely had mood swings but normally just in the day or two before my period was due and then it was as if the sun shone all of a sudden and I was instantly happy again. Whereas now irritability seems to be a permanent fixture in my life  :'(
It's a good idea to search the product name which is estraderm, I'll give that a go. Thank you xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 11:16:50 AM »

Ask away.  Nowt is taboo or OTT on here  ;)

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 08:21:10 PM »

I would reduce it. You should be on the minimum dose that controls your symptoms. I don't think va counts as that often needs topical oestrogen as well as hrt. Presumably you've ruled out progesterone as the cause? Did you have other meno symptoms before you increased?