Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Question  (Read 848 times)

Kathleen

Utrogestan Question
« on: March 26, 2021, 07:19:28 PM »

Hello ladies.

Another question from me today if you don't mind.

I know that if we use Utrogestan orally we should take it on an empty stomach and at bedtime however I can't be the only person who eats close to bedtime so that my stomach is not completely empty.
I understand that mixing the tablet with food increases absorption but is this much of a problem?

I have been using Utrogestan vaginally and I could continue with this method if necessary but I would be glad to hear of anyone's experiences. I honestly don't think I could give up my bowl of oats just before turning in for the night!

Thanks for reading ladies and take care.

K.

Ana21

Re: Utrogestan Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 03:27:40 PM »

Hi!

Research indicates the absorption of micronized progesterone is enhanced twofold in the presence of food, a significant increase.

For a postmeno woman having difficulty achieving or maintaining hormonal balance, it wouldn't be surprising if a fluctuating progesterone dose was problematic.  I wonder if it could also signal a drop to the body, resulting in spotting or bleeding. 

Progesterone fluctuations affect the brain.  The changes to cognitive function seem small in comparison to the more pronounced emotional changes.  Some women seem especially sensitive and would want to ensure the most stable dose possible.

Progesterone also plays a role in carbohydrate, lipid and protein metabolism.

A few examples of progestone's role that might affect our sense of wellbeing.

Interesting question.

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan Question
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 04:28:19 PM »

Although most people take it at night to aid sleep I'm not sure you have to if there's a more convenient time you have an empty stomach. There was a discussion on here about it and someone pointed out when it's used for ivf you take it several times a day though I think that's vaginally. I always thought it should be used at night vaginally because of it coming out but it seems it's done it's job by the time it comes out. I tend to agree it's important to stick to the empty stomach for oral use.