Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is this low oestrogen levels? What’s my way forward?  (Read 1190 times)

Scampidoodle

Is this low oestrogen levels? What’s my way forward?
« on: March 19, 2021, 05:12:57 PM »

Hello

I’m still trying to find an effective way to control what are mainly mood related symptoms in my cycle. I’m 41 with Mirena coil and tried oestrogel last year. Helped my mood on the whole but I ultimately got terrible effects due to what I now know was a histamine overload as I have histamine intolerance (not known before) so when my dose was raised I got hot flushes, sweating, heat intolerance, brain fog, jitters and anxiety!

Off all oestrogen now and the histamine is being treated through diet and meds.

But my mood symptoms are so cyclical however not restricted to post ovulation. My worst time is the initial spike of oestrogen from about day 7-10ish where I am so severely depressed it’s horrendous. Then I wake the next day feeling great and have my best days just prior to and during ovulation mood wise. Post ovulation is a bit up and down I can sense what my hormones are doing any given day depending on mood!

My cycle is 24 days but I’ve had a couple of 30 days recently.

My FSH appears low ranges from 4-8 and my bloods recently for oestrogen have been:
Day 3- 79
Day 14 - 432 (this is post ovulation for me)
Day 23 - 102

Is this low??

My gynae has given option of combined pill Yaz (or Eloine) to even out my cycle has anyone been on this? I only know it as the one that causes more blood clots etc!

The other option is Low dose Estradot - as my main issue is oestrogen rising would this make matters worse or too things up so the troughs are shallower so it’s not climbing so steeply in week 2 of my cycle?

I just can’t get my head round it all Thankyou for any help xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is this low oestrogen levels? What’s my way forward?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 05:44:20 PM »

Even though I knew my symptoms were cyclical, that depression etc. prior to a period still got me down.  Until the bleed began.

How is your diet overall?  Eating regularly can ease some of the mood swings.  [NAPS]. 

Scampidoodle

Re: Is this low oestrogen levels? What’s my way forward?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 05:51:13 PM »

Really healthy lately as I have to follow a low histamine diet so v clean eating and no alcohol etc  :'( what a life!  ;D

Just not sure about whether my oestrogen is particularly low or whether that’s normal?

Bit unsure about that particular pill and unsure how the Estradot patches would help my situation as it’s the climbing oestrogen that’s the killer.

You’re right knowing it’s hormones doesn’t help does it. If I could tolerate anti depressants I’d be on them in a shot x