Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Boobies!  (Read 1077 times)

Roobee

Boobies!
« on: March 15, 2021, 08:10:34 PM »

Hi Ladies, anyone else had this happen?
I have been on HRT for 6 months with no side effects worth noting. Over the last couple weeks my boobs feel really heavy and a bit uncomfortable, like im suddenly aware of them 😂
This seems quite late in the day to get side effects doesnt it? 🤷🏻‍♀️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Boobies!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 09:10:58 AM »

Not really. If your own hormones are kicking in along with HRT then you may well feel the effects intermittently.

Roobee

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 02:41:08 PM »

Thank you, i didn’t think of that! To be honest I didn’t think I had any hormones of my own anymore 🤣

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 03:05:53 PM »

MayB they have crept up to have a party ;-). 

Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?

Roobee

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 03:36:14 PM »

Not now, I did for a while when I was having some wobbly low sugar type moments but that stopped quite quickly and I’ve felt pretty good since! No period for years so can’t imagine it’s connected to that.
I did wonder if maybe it took this long for them to come to life now they have a shot of the good stuff 🤣 they feel like pregnancy boobs.
I have put on a bit of weight to be fair so maybe it’s that, I’m working on that 🙄

Matureminx

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 08:32:44 AM »

Hello everyone, and Roobee! Im going through something similar to you Roobee and my breasts have gone sore and heavy!

I'm new to posting but so glad to see this post on breast soreness as that exactly what Im going through and I,m concerned. I turned 48 a couple of days ago. I started HRT in January 2020, 2 pumps oestrogel and 14 days of utrogestan. I did well on it for a year with the exception of intermittent erratic bleeding. The bleeding was checked and it was nothing sinister.

I stopped the hrt in January of this year. I saw my consultant in February for a checkup for something else gynaecologist related and explained I had breast soreness. She said I could go back on it if I wished at maybe 1 pump per day. She also prescribed local oestrogen for my bladder issues.( my poor bladder seems to have suffered the most along with my mental health)
I went back on the oestrogel and wasn't getting any sleep with 1 pump so increased it to two, however now Im back to very sore breasts on my withdrawal bleed. the type of soreness like pregnancy. I basically take HRt  bladder issues, sleep issues and the dreadful anxiety that peri menopause/menopause has caused.
Has anyone else experienced this?